• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Avengers trailer...some good shots of the Hulk!

112 posts in this topic

You are not alone in your speculation.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/02/07/avengers-movie-eight-alien-mystery-army-theories/

me personally... well, I think they look like bug from micronauts.

Who else besides me thinks that the spaceship at the end of the trailer looks like it could be right out of the Annihilus Wave, as seen in the "Annihilation" Mini-Series from a few years ago? If you get a closer look, the front or you could even say "face" has a big resemblance to Annihilus' face and looks a little bit like an insect . And it's somehow "alive" or whatever (it moves as if it would be alive).

Some information about Annihilus (from Wikipedia): Untold millennia ago, the Tyannans, a technologically-advanced semi-humanoid/leonine species of the antimatter universe the Negative Zone, seeded barren worlds with life spores. A freak meteor collision hurled one of their ships into the volcanic planet Arthros, where the crew released their spores before starving to death. Many generations later, a descendant from one of these spores, a weak insectoid creature, presented a mutation which made it extremely intelligent. The creature found the Tyannan starship wreckage and used a knowledge transference helmet to master the advanced Tyannan technology. This enhanced his intelligence and strength, creating a "Cosmic Control Rod" and body armaments. Obsessed with survival, the paranoid creature, which came to be known as Annihilus, set out to destroy any other living being he viewed as a possible threat to his existence.

I thought Annihilus is with the FF characters and can't be used by anyone but Fox.

(shrug)

He's appeared in Avengers stories as well. I wonder if the rights are to the FF alone or all characters within the title as well.

hm

I thought Annihilus is with the FF characters and can't be used by anyone but Fox.

(shrug)

He's appeared in Avengers stories as well. I wonder if the rights are to the FF alone or all characters within the title as well.

hm

I shrugged and wasn't sure...hope I didn't ruin that guy's night. :blush:

Annihilus isn't listed as owned by Fox at the link below... hm

http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-movies-characters-carl-6766/

Who else besides me thinks that the spaceship at the end of the trailer looks like it could be right out of the Annihilus Wave, as seen in the "Annihilation" Mini-Series from a few years ago? If you get a closer look, the front or you could even say "face" has a big resemblance to Annihilus' face and looks a little bit like an insect . And it's somehow "alive" or whatever (it moves as if it would be alive).

Some information about Annihilus (from Wikipedia): Untold millennia ago, the Tyannans, a technologically-advanced semi-humanoid/leonine species of the antimatter universe the Negative Zone, seeded barren worlds with life spores. A freak meteor collision hurled one of their ships into the volcanic planet Arthros, where the crew released their spores before starving to death. Many generations later, a descendant from one of these spores, a weak insectoid creature, presented a mutation which made it extremely intelligent. The creature found the Tyannan starship wreckage and used a knowledge transference helmet to master the advanced Tyannan technology. This enhanced his intelligence and strength, creating a "Cosmic Control Rod" and body armaments. Obsessed with survival, the paranoid creature, which came to be known as Annihilus, set out to destroy any other living being he viewed as a possible threat to his existence.

Don't think space ship. Don't think Annihilus.

Think Midgard serpent. :headbang:

Don't think space ship. Don't think Annihilus.

Think Midgard serpent. :headbang:

That was my first thought too.

This may be a rather bold statement with all the great movies coming out this year...but the way this movie is developing and the marketing that WD is putting into it....I believe it could be the biggest movie of 2012, bringing in more $ worldwide than Batman, Spidey, Breaking Yawn Part 2 and any other movie I've left out..

I think this will have a serious fan base....and will certainly spotlight the Avengers in a new light. It certainly can lead to many many spinoffs!

This may be a rather bold statement with all the great movies coming out this year...but the way this movie is developing and the marketing that WB is putting into it....I believe it could be the biggest movie of 2012, bringing in more $ worldwide than Batman, Spidey, Breaking Yawn Part 2 and any other movie I've left out..

I think this will have a serious fan base....and will certainly spotlight the Avengers in a new light. It certainly can lead to many many spinoffs!

It's Columbia and Walt Disney, not WB (they are marketing the guy dressed as a bat :gossip:)

Avengers has one big advantage: It has a big fanbase because of the different charakters which had solo movies. So even if an Iron Man fan didn't like the Cap movie, he still wants to see to movie because of Iron Man and so on...

When I checked the trailer (YouTube link) yesterday afternoon, there were 300 or so views. Less than 24 hours later, it's over 1 million - that's an astonishing one-day statistic!
Over 2 million now. :o

I couldn't use the first link posted by the OP & I think when I originally put it up in this thread there were only 87 views.

There's another version of the video that starts with the green screen that has over 1.1 million views also.

When I checked the trailer (YouTube link) yesterday afternoon, there were 300 or so views. Less than 24 hours later, it's over 1 million - that's an astonishing one-day statistic!
Over 2 million now. :o

I couldn't use the first link posted by the OP & I think when I originally put it up in this thread there were only 87 views.

There's another version of the video that starts with the green screen that has over 1.1 million views also.

80,000 of those views were by me.