• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW MUTANTS 98 1st deadpool

110 posts in this topic

Wizard lists NM 87 as first Deadpool, though there's no mention of Cable and I thought that was his first app...? Also, what movie is Deadpool going to be in?

NM 87 is the first full appearance of Cable. NM 98 is first app. Deadpool.

ummm....the Deadpool movie.

496280-newmutantsguide.jpg

last year's OS

496280-newmutantsguide.jpg.f1abb553dfe4c788b72b5252d1d8e025.jpg

Edited by deathlok

just got back from my folks house and i picked up my "X" amount of copies of New Mutants 98 in NM/MT ready to be submitted to CGC for movie hype. laugh.gifthumbsup2.gif

In a "small world coincidence", I picked up Wizard #7 the other day (March 1992),

because of the pre-Unity X-O Manowar cover and interviews with Valiant guys...

the "Comic Watch" for the month was New Mutants 98 because of the 1st Deadpool.

March 1992 price? $7.00. thumbsup2.gif

just got back from my folks house and i picked up my "X" amount of copies of New Mutants 98 in NM/MT ready to be submitted to CGC for movie hype.

Are you sure you want to waste those grading fees? confused-smiley-013.giftongue.gif

just got back from my folks house and i picked up my "X" amount of copies of New Mutants 98 in NM/MT ready to be submitted to CGC for movie hype.

Are you sure you want to waste those grading fees? confused-smiley-013.giftongue.gif

You'd do okay with 9.8s, I think. Anything less and I really do think you'd be flushing money down the toilet.

Of course when the five hundred thousand unread copies of that book sitting on the sidelines flood the market even 9.8s might not be enough shocked.gif893whatthe.gif

just got back from my folks house and i picked up my "X" amount of copies of New Mutants 98 in NM/MT ready to be submitted to CGC for movie hype. laugh.gifthumbsup2.gif

In a "small world coincidence", I picked up Wizard #7 the other day (March 1992),

March 1992 price? $7.00. thumbsup2.gif

I hope copies are still available for me to buy.

I picked up Wizard #7 the other day (March 1992),

I hope copies are still available for me to buy.

I found an old copy at a local comic shop.

Wizard #7 probably isn't worth the cost of shipping,

but if you could get one for a couple dollars, it's not bad.

(Snapshot-in-time, and all that nostalgic stuff.)

Here's a fun quote...

(early 1992, Valiant comics were about 50,000 copies and selling for cover price)...

"A lot of publishers are becoming like the Franklin Mint: they're no longer publishers,

they're making collectibles - period. How many people bought Spider-man #1 because

they thought it was going to be a great story? The more the industry relies on

that end of the market, the more it becomes a question of 'how can we make our

book the hot collectible this month?'"

- Jim Shooter (before leaving Valiant, a year before Bloodshot #1)

"A lot of publishers are becoming like the Franklin Mint: they're no longer publishers,

they're making collectibles - period. How many people bought Spider-man #1 because

they thought it was going to be a great story? The more the industry relies on

that end of the market, the more it becomes a question of 'how can we make our

book the hot collectible this month?'"

- Jim Shooter (before leaving Valiant, a year before Bloodshot #1)

The "Shooter" man is greatly missed in today's comic world. I wished he could find a way to work with one of the big publishers again. But, I guess he's burned too many bridges. It comes to mind that in most every argument he got into with management that over time, Shooter was proven to be right.

Did he sign it on the cover or inside. Sigs signed inside normally won't get the qualified label. If on the cover, you're screwed! tongue.gif

Did he sign it on the cover or inside. Sigs signed inside normally won't get the qualified label. If on the cover, you're screwed! tongue.gif

frown.gif I am screwed I know it will get green label he signed on the right side edge front cover in metallic silver ink.. foreheadslap.gif. Still it's a real nice copy. What effect does the Green label have on the potential other Green..... tongue.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What effect does the Green label have on the potential other Green.....

If you plan to keep it for yourself, then it doesn't really matter. I have a DF Spawn/Batman signed by Frank Miller which has a qualified label. If you plan to flip your New Mutants #98 one day, you'll definitely have less success compared to a raw book or a Signature Series copy. Buyers who prefer an unsigned book won't be interested and those of us who like autographed books would be skeptical of the signature's authenticity. From what I've seen on eBay recently, buyers do seem willing to purchase the Qualified DF-signed books. Hope this helps.

What effect does the Green label have on the potential other Green.....

If you plan to keep it for yourself, then it doesn't really matter. I have a DF Spawn/Batman signed by Frank Miller which has a qualified label. If you plan to flip your New Mutants #98 one day, you'll definitely have less success compared to a raw book or a Signature Series copy. Buyers who prefer an unsigned book won't be interested and those of us who like autographed books would be skeptical of the signature's authenticity. From what I've seen on eBay recently, buyers do seem willing to purchase the Qualified DF-signed books. Hope this helps.

Thanks I have yet to sell a qualified book from CGC. It might be interesting just to send it in and see how it goes.