• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW MUTANTS 98 1st deadpool

110 posts in this topic

wasn't his face always oatmeal? If I remember correctly he had radiation cancer or something until he got his healing ability. confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

And which retcon was this in?

Seriously, in New Mutants he was initially just a throw-away assassin for hire that had some cool moves and a nifty costume.

Readers liked him, and then came the healing powers, the lame origin and the oatmeal face.

wasn't his face always oatmeal? If I remember correctly he had radiation cancer or something until he got his healing ability. confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

And which retcon was this in?

Seriously, in New Mutants he was initially just a throw-away assassin for hire that had some cool moves and a nifty costume.

Readers liked him, and then came the healing powers, the lame origin and the oatmeal face.

i had oatmeal for breakfast.

OK, first of all this book is not rare, 300,000 for print run sounds about right. Second WAY TO GO DAM60, way to fleece the sheep. Hope it gets you a nice Bats book for the run. The stupidity of predictability never ceases to amaze me lol.

I have 10 copies myself, came in a collection I bought. I bet ya Chuck has about 10,000 copies, and Doug Sulipa probably has 10,000 more and Dolgoff might have 50,000 etceterra.

Sunburnz, you see the problem is you missed the boat bro' the cat is definitely out of the Bag on this one and if DAM60 can get 200+ for his 9.8 and most of my and everyone elses copies are 9.4 or better, then hmmm wonder how much I can make of the sheep too? I'll probably be lazy like JC and not be worth my time to sub 'em but I seriosly doubt anyone's gonna pop ya a copy in NM+ for $5 so you can flip it for more cash during the speculator craze that is about to ensue. I mean no offense but Its not likely to happen. I think you may have little trouble finding a nice copy cheap on Ebay. But why would JC sell you a NM++ when he can slab it and made $200 profit if hes so inclined?

OK, first of all this book is not rare, 300,000 for print run sounds about right. Second WAY TO GO DAM60, way to fleece the sheep. Hope it gets you a nice Bats book for the run. The stupidity of predictability never ceases to amaze me lol.

I have 10 copies myself, came in a collection I bought. I bet ya Chuck has about 10,000 copies, and Doug Sulipa probably has 10,000 more and Dolgoff might have 50,000 etceterra.

Sunburnz, you see the problem is you missed the boat bro' the cat is definitely out of the Bag on this one and if DAM60 can get 200+ for his 9.8 and most of my and everyone elses copies are 9.4 or better, then hmmm wonder how much I can make of the sheep too? I'll probably be lazy like JC and not be worth my time to sub 'em but I seriosly doubt anyone's gonna pop ya a copy in NM+ for $5 so you can flip it for more cash during the speculator craze that is about to ensue. I mean no offense but Its not likely to happen. I think you may have little trouble finding a nice copy cheap on Ebay. But why would JC sell you a NM++ when he can slab it and made $200 profit if hes so inclined?

Thanks Jbud! flowerred.gif

yeah, the $$$ went to some of the original art sketches that I got in TO and to further line the coffers when the Batman 48 cgc 8.0 comes up 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

DAM

bumped for an amazing thread. a lot of the stuff that was talked about this book was predicted right on the money. Unbelievable that some people 5 years picked this as a key and were right. some people even had ryan reynolds as Deadpool in 2004. the only thing I disagree about this thread, is now that time has past, this book is a key copper book and not a key modern.

Edited by MR.COMICBOOK

Anybody ever notice the similarities with Death Stroke and Dead Pool?

Dead Pool - Wade Wilson.

Death Stroke - Slade Wilson.

and the costume is similar in many ways.

Maybe it's just coincidence, never heard the comparisons mentioned before though!

Dead Pool - Wade Wilson.

Maybe it's just coincidence, never heard the comparisons mentioned before though!

I belive it was a ''in joke'' among the MARVEL staff at the time.

bumped for an amazing thread. a lot of the stuff that was talked about this book was predicted right on the money. Unbelievable that some people 5 years picked this as a key and were right. some people even had ryan reynolds as Deadpool in 2004. the only thing I disagree about this thread as now that time has past this book is a key copper book and not a key modern.

you should seen my journey into mystery is supa hot thread. :acclaim:

Dead Pool - Wade Wilson.

From Wiki -

Created by artist Rob Liefeld and writer Fabian Nicieza, Deadpool made his first appearance in the pages of New Mutants #98 published in February 1991. Rob Liefeld, a fan of the Teen Titans comics, showed his new character to then writer Fabian Nicieza. Upon seeing the costume and noting his characteristics (killer with super agility), Nicieza contacted Liefeld, saying "this is Deathstroke from Teen Titans." Nicieza gave Deadpool the real name of "Wade Wilson" as an in-joke to being "related" to "Slade Wilson", Deathstroke.

Interesting enough Deathstroke's half brother, the 4th person to be called Ravager is also named "Wade".

ravrose1.jpg