• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think is a sleeper?

61 posts in this topic

I love the column in the "Comic Price Review " by Oversteet called "Sleepers!" What do you think is a sleeper or a very under valued comic?

you mean the Incredible Hulk #1 or the Marvel Spotlight #5?

Golden Age Keys, first appearance of minor characters . Anyone have a 134? That these list for $200-300 is an outrage. The 140 has it all. First Gyro Gearloose (forerunner to Prof Frink from the Simpsons) First Barks Scrooge Cover in WDCS, 2nd barks cover of Scrooge after Scrooge #1, Classic golf cover.

wdcs88.jpg

wdcs98.jpg

wdcs140.jpg

CGC 9.2, 9.0 and 9.0

Trivia: Name the second Scrooge cover (its not by Barks)?

Amazing Spiderman 31. Still undervalued.

Restored Golden Age with only color touch

Very high grade Golden Age cartoon books in general.

Little Dot #1

Sleepers:

1. Little Dot #6 Richie cover

2. Little Dot #1 1954

3. Flash #105

4. Harvey Hits #3 file copy 893crossfingers-thumb.gif (1956? Richie solo issue & cover), 1/2 price compared to Richie Rich #1 (1960).

5. Hot Stuff #1 file copy

DC special Series #21

Long admired for the 1st Miller Batman, but the fact that it has apps. by Cain & the House of Mystery & Jonah Hex means those completists will start wanting it as well as they learn about it. High grades are tough on that ones as well.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Remember that sleepers still have to be sleeping! Amazing Spider-Man 31, while a great book, is wide awake. Some sleepers:

DC Special 29 - Neal Adams Hitler cover

The Goon 1

The Goon 2

The Goon 3 (all of the self-published issues - I challenge you to find them).

Fantastic Four 207- first H.E.R.B.I.E.

Fantastic Four (new series) 56 - first Dell'Otto US artwork (cover)

hmmm....i've had & sold those goon's. How about best cellar comics #1, his self published work from '95 with the goon prototype "monster boy" I believe there were 1000 printed, but i have not been able to verify that. I still have 3 of them!