• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinion

15 posts in this topic

Tough to say from the scan. The top edge has some wear & creasing which in all likelihood preclude it from being 9.4. Honestly, if it had a possibility of being 9.4, I think this guy would have sent it in. As for his grading, he's got a slabbed 8.0 Thor 193 which "by the way, this book is a NM 9.4 - i dont know why it graded 8.0!".

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

I doubt it - I looked at all 3 scans of the front cover and found a tiny cc bottom right, a 1/4" faint cc top right (maybe), and a 1" edge crease at the top of the cover just above the "E" in "Feature". Maybe a 9.2, more likely a 9.0 (especially considering what BoC pointed out).

When I saw this listing last night two things came to mind.

1) The book looks nice but it is hard determine based on the scans provided.

B) This guy sells cgc books that he submits. Why wouldn't he send this one in for grading and get the $300.00 he claims the book would command.

4) He states that he "WILL NOT EXCEPT RETURNS". This is another red flag that the book is not what he claims.

My opinion. Overgraded.

If the guys going to be a dealer he should have a better eye, on the Thor 193 near the villians foot on the cracked pavement theres a streak of blue magic marker. Bye bye 9.0 hello 8.0.

As for the Defender#1 maybe he's now paranoid of CGC because he was 100% sure of comics like Thor #193 and still hasnt seen the marker.

My take on the Defenders#1 is that its a nice bright copy, which is somewhat rare for that book, the sharp corners make up for the small imperfection at the top left and the bottom right.

I'd say with some confidence that it will get a 9.2.

Well if the interiors intact on that Marvel Feature #1, you guys have to admit his looks better than this 9.2 which has a reserve of more than $177:

Marvel Feature #1 CGC 9.2

Though the more I look at the lower right of the ungraded book the more I think it may knock it down to a 9.0. Though the book definitely could still get a 9.2.

I think Sully's is nicer, actually. But then again it's hard to see anything in the other guy's raw auction..

Well other than the flatness and structure of Sully's book I think it has its own bag of flaws: it has an ink discoloration near the price, theres more wear at the top of the book, though the overall structure of the book is superior. I think Sully can be very happy with the 9.2 grade on that book.

I don't know I'd be interested to see how the first book grades, I think 9.2 is its maximum, but it could easily get a 9.0.

Wow, that's a 9.4 NM comic book? I've spent a few years grading using my Overstreet Grading guide and that doesn't look like a NM in any way. What standards is this based on? I'm completely confused, I'm studying E-Bay, Web sites for grading, and books I've bought on the subject and I'm at a loss on this one.