• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Bronze Romance Books
9 9

269 posts in this topic

Any idea who did this cover? GCD is unsure but thinks maybe Giordano. I think that's on the right track, but I wonder if its more a team effort by his studio. There looks to be more than a little Neal Adams in the inking and the male figure particularly. And that severe Nurse Ratchet looking woman in the background looks like Chaykin to me. I know Adams and Giordano were partners in the 70's, and Chaykin at one point worked for Adams, so... yeah. Best guess from me - Giordano roughs, "Many Hands" finishes from Giordano, Adams and Chaykin?

vTfDlR9.jpg

Edited by Crimebuster

30 minutes ago, Crimebuster said:

GCD is unsure but thinks maybe Giordano. Nurse Ratchet looking woman in the background looks like Chaykin to me. I know Adams and Giordano were partners in the 70's, and Chaykin at one point worked for Adams, so... yeah. Best guess from me - Giordano roughs, "Many Hands" finishes from Giordano, Adams and Chaykin?

vTfDlR9.jpg

Agreed: Giordano and Chaykin.

7 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Agreed: Giordano and Chaykin.

Chaykin never would have occurred to me, but it sure looks right.

It's taken me a while, but I've finally decided that Marvel's 25 cent reprint romance books might be the absolute toughest BA to find in grade.  Came across these two while cleaning up our living room during this damnable snow storm.  Picked them up in a bargain bin in my favorite central PA store about 10 years ago.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b

CCI03072018_0001.jpg

CCI03072018.jpg

Edited by underthebigw

4 hours ago, underthebigw said:

Chaykin never would have occurred to me, but it sure looks right.

It's taken me a while, but I've finally decided that Marvel's 25 cent reprint romance books might be the absolute toughest BA to find in grade.  Came across these two while cleaning up our living room during this damnable snow storm.  Picked them up in a bargain bin in my favorite central PA store about 10 years ago.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b

CCI03072018_0001.jpg

CCI03072018.jpg

Damn those Marvel romance girls are pretty. But they are always crying. 
Consistently moreso than the Charlton and DC girls. Did Roy Thomas make them cry ? Stan the man ?