Post your Bronze Romance Books
6 6

248 posts in this topic

3,487 posts

Some nice early Bronze / late Silver Charltons that caught my eye. These weren't on my official Big List of Charltons to buy, but since I found nice copies in the wild for cheap, I had to get them.

I really dig the Statue of Liberty background on this one:

PnAcTmh.jpg

The funky mural on the left really caught my eye. I suspect those are the artists' initials hidden in the design?

5hVF7Lp.jpg

70 posts

^^^Those are beautiful books. Bravo, sir.

I found these two among a big pile of Charltons that I bought at a garage sale a few weeks ago. Just Married went well over 100 issues. Anybody got a set?

Love_and_Romance_17.jpg

Just_Married_103.jpg

3,487 posts

Shot in the dark here - anyone have a list of romance comics written by Barbara Friedlander? There are some listed on the GCD, which is helpful, but it's just a handful of issues. Since there weren't any credits for most DC romance comics at the time, it's pretty hard to figure out except in a handful of instances where someone or other's logbook listed payments to her (or other creators). But I am hoping some of you knowledgeable folks might have some inside info on what she wrote for DC romance. I know she did the 20 Miles to Heartbreak story in Young Love - anything else like that? Was she involved with the Life and Loves of Lisa St. Clair or any of their other serialized stories? 

I'm asking because she's actually appearing at a comic con near me and I want to bring some stuff for her to sign. I will be able to ask her in person what she worked on, and what the experience was like working for DC romance line, but if I can find out anything before I go to the show, that would be great!

Paging @Dr. Love!

3,496 posts

I think that's it.  But when you see her, maybe you could ask what it was like to work with Toth and Colletta.  And does she keep in touch with Liz Berube?  Let us know how it went, please.  Have fun!

3,487 posts

Thanks guys.

I will report back with my findings.