• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

#1 - The first rule of Price Variant Club is, you do not talk about Price Variant Club.

#2 - The second rule of Price Variant Club is, you DO NOT talk about Price Variant Club.

#3 - If someone says that's one of the last five I need and pleads, you let him have it.

#4 - Nobody ends auctions early.

#5 - No flaming other members of Price Variant Club because they got the Ringo Kid 28 and you didn't.

#6 - Do not alert members of Price Variant Club for hidden variants. Let them find their own damn variants.

#7 - 35 cent variant collectors are insane.

#8 - If you found a variant through Price Variant Club, you have to find another one.

No mention of bid stalking other members of the Price Variant Club? That's got to be required behavior.

Hardcore members of price variant club all use autosnipe programs tongue.gif

I know that part, but how many times have you had someone email you a week after the fact when you'd won a "hidden" variant? "Hey, nice catch" or "How much?'

I set up a secondary buying ID so that I wouldn't have to field questions on good BINs or hidden lots.

No mention of bid stalking other members of the Price Variant Club? That's got to be required behavior.

Hardcore members of price variant club all use autosnipe programs tongue.gif

I know that part, but how many times have you had someone email you a week after the fact when you'd won a "hidden" variant? "Hey, nice catch" or "How much?'

I set up a secondary buying ID so that I wouldn't have to field questions on good BINs or hidden lots.

I see guys win hidden variants all the time but I try not to "bother" them unless I really know them. I always make higher than fair market value if I really need the books; otherwise I try not to harrass.

Secondary buying IDs work well for the reason stated; however, it can backfire if for example let's say I see a rob_react bid on a variant that I want but not really need, I may leave it alone, but if it is a bidder who I have no relationship with, then I bid with impunity and bring on the pain tongue.gif