• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, icp004 said:

Got this screen grab from a 2010 article.  Are these numbers still accurate?  Less than 30 copies on the Gerber 7/8’s?  That doesn’t seem to be a bit low?

19C98376-60FC-459F-9830-60D4207C3B02.png

I have been chasing 30 cent variants for 20 years now (!!!!!!!!!!) and in all that time have NEVER seen a Kid Colt 208 in the wild, in any grade. I bought my copy from Fred McSurley in 2000.

I've seen all the other 30 centers in the wild and have found all of them on that list.

WWT 15 is now probably a Gerber 7/8. I have tracked 8 sales over the past 5-6 years and would anticipate there are 20-25 copies of this book in 'known' existence. As for the westerns, ya they continue to be and will always be tough Kid Colt definitely leading the way as FD and others have illustrated.

I appreciate the responses!  I picked up a CC22 and two CC23 in a lot on eBay and was curious if they really would still fall into the Gerber 7/8.  Seems if these were hiding and unnoticed then there are probably more to be found. Unfortunately I wasn’t the only one to spot these so I’m sure I overbid.  Still happy to check off these two!   

5C75EDFD-00EC-40AA-88BA-CCCEC0F765CB.jpeg

E8064A46-278F-41A9-A4B3-8DDB7AFBE562.jpeg

CAD3E73F-761A-47F8-B255-B23B5DF49DD2.jpeg

With the caveat that there are Definitely REGIONAL VARIANCES and I bring the San Jose 30c Bias with me. Chamber 23 is more difficult than 22 and they are both easier than the Tomb of Darkness books.  I'd call them both Gerber 7s.  Looks like the 2nd CoC you got is a very solid copy so kudos, you can now cease collecting 30c variants. :roflmao:

I will agree with the poster who said that variant collectors tend to be RAW first, there are exceptions, including people on this forum.  But i have seen variant collectors crack slabs at multiple Cons over the years lol and I also crack all the slabbed variants i have purchase and pop the label behind the backing board.  That said, I've also got 4.0 Western 30c in Mylite2s with full backs and micro chamber paper. :insane:

3 hours ago, icp004 said:

I appreciate the responses!  I picked up a CC22 and two CC23 in a lot on eBay and was curious if they really would still fall into the Gerber 7/8.  Seems if these were hiding and unnoticed then there are probably more to be found. Unfortunately I wasn’t the only one to spot these so I’m sure I overbid.  Still happy to check off these two!   

You didn't overbid, and people did notice.  There were what, 5 or six unique bidders?  My attempted snipe at around $8 less than the closing price did not even register.  

4 hours ago, ShieldAgent said:

You didn't overbid, and people did notice.  There were what, 5 or six unique bidders?  My attempted snipe at around $8 less than the closing price did not even register.  

I was bidding on those, and would have won if you did not bid.  I probably would have gone higher if the pics were better and the back covers were photographed.  One of the #23s looked pretty good in the listing, and still does in your pics.  I also probably would have gone higher if I did not already have both.  It was a good buy, IMHO.

8 hours ago, icp004 said:

My reply to Shield Agent above was meant to be here.  Here it is again:I was bidding on those, and would have won if you did not bid.  I probably would have gone higher if the pics were better and the back covers were photographed.  One of the #23s looked pretty good in the listing, and still does in your pics.  I also probably would have gone higher if I did not already have both.  It was a good buy, IMHO.