• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, makeminemarvel said:

Yes.  Couldn't post it yesterday.  Said had to be approved by mod.  I guess I can understand why.

Saw the winning bidder had 0 feedback .  Wonder is this deal gets done.

Huh. I’ve never heard of a mod caring about posting eBay links.

Anyway, the sale looks legit to me, with 17 unique bidders, though I may be slightly concerned if I were the seller.

I’d love to have an IF 14 35 center in my collection, but I’ll never pay what they go for. Only hope is a hidden one,

13 hours ago, makeminemarvel said:

Yes.  Couldn't post it yesterday.  Said had to be approved by mod.  I guess I can understand why.

Saw the winning bidder had 0 feedback .  Wonder is this deal gets done.

Ei

9 hours ago, Warlord said:

LCS bargain!  :headbang:

I watched this one. Grader notes say foxing and rusty staples so I wondered how it still achieved an 8.5 personally, I'd consider it in the FVF to VF- range. Just me. I've seen much nicer golden age books grade much lower from CGC but I'd rather have full personal confidence in the grade assigned or at least what grade I think it really is. It is amazing to me how FEW Ebayers and other online sellers will send CGC grader notes. Maybe 20% of the time. "I don't have them," being the excuse. Well, they have the book, the CGC number and apparently a computer, they're trying to sell the book so, go get them! I wish there was an option, eg, subscription, to have access to the grader notes or even better, CGC allow them for members but I digress. 

14 hours ago, wormboy said:

Huh. I’ve never heard of a mod caring about posting eBay links.

Anyway, the sale looks legit to me, with 17 unique bidders, though I may be slightly concerned if I were the seller.

I’d love to have an IF 14 35 center in my collection, but I’ll never pay what they go for. Only hope is a hidden one,

I assumed it was because the title said CBCS not GGC.

On 2/16/2018 at 2:10 AM, FlyingDonut said:

I have been chasing 30 cent variants for 20 years now (!!!!!!!!!!) and in all that time have NEVER seen a Kid Colt 208 in the wild, in any grade. I bought my copy from Fred McSurley in 2000.

I've seen all the other 30 centers in the wild and have found all of them on that list.

Just to prove how random everything is, the first western I found in the wild was KC208.  Found it in a local Baltimore store for $2 in 1998.  Must have beaten Dan there.

1 hour ago, underthebigw said:

Just to prove how random everything is, the first western I found in the wild was KC208.  Found it in a local Baltimore store for $2 in 1998.  Must have beaten Dan there.

Speaking of random, the first western I found in the wild was a KC219, back when we were still trying to confirm if one existed.  Found it in a non 35 cent variant test market, local Baltimore store with about 15 other 30 cent variants during a huge blow out sale.

13 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

I thought the boards sleuths would have sniffed out this lot, but lucky for me I won this lot for $12 on eBay.:ohnoez:

fullsizeoutput_3b1.jpeg

Way to Geaux! First time I've seen a #212. How did you see this on ebay. I have a routine search for 35 cent cariants but maybe you'd have to shoot me if you told me. Excelcior!

2 hours ago, Cap_Nut said:

Way to Geaux! First time I've seen a #212. How did you see this on ebay. I have a routine search for 35 cent cariants but maybe you'd have to shoot me if you told me. Excelcior!

Actually found 2 copies in less than a week.

Will post pics when book arrives.

2 hours ago, makeminemarvel said:
On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:49 PM, Timmay said:

:tonofbricks:

Went from a .99 no reserve auction to a $6,000 BIN....

It sold for $4500 to a zero feedback bidder that bid on it multiple times.

It is now listed with a $6000 BIN.

You do the math.

Called on Craigslist ad of some overpriced 1960s marvels.  Gentlemans father passed away 3 years ago and he inherited his comics. He lives just north of Baltimore. For the last 3 years he was organizing, checking prices and selling at a flea market.  Quite a bit of the major keys are gone.  No Spiderman to speak of, no X-men 94 on up.  Minimal Batman, and a lot of Key issues gone.  As an example there's a run of Ironman up to issue 100 but #1, 54, and 55 are gone.  But in general all the titles are there.  I'm not going to complain about a run of Ironman 2-53 but it wasn't all magnificent.

Bottom line is, I asked him if he'd consider selling the entire collection.  It's really pretty big, about 60 short boxes worth and I think he was pretty burnt out trying to keep up with selling the books.  He didn't want to take any higher dollar books to his flea market booth and I don't think he did ebay, just Craigslist. 

Pretty funny too, many of the variants were Id'd and priced accordingly, say at $20 - $30 each.  The Weird Wonder Tales has on the sticker - "Weird Wonder Tales 16 variant $30.00".  Crazy that this was probably in a box at a flea market and not picked up.  I'm sure figures were based on an Overstree.  Many of the variants were still loose and not in plastic bags along with the regular runs.  None of the April issues were pulled by the OO.

So going through the boxes and organizing, I'd pull the 30 centers and it really was one after another after another. 

Not pictured are another 20 or so.  Conan, Defenders, and a few more duplicates like the Omega 2 and Howard the Ducks.  I think I missed posting a Hulk reprint issues. 

Nice is, there was Golden Age books too.  About 200 1950s War books and then just random stuff. 

BTW, its a first time I've scored anything off Craigslist in over 10 years of casually looking.  As usual with my finds, it wasn't a Granny selling her attic find, it was simply someone who described himself as "not a comic guy" and not wanting to sell comics for the next 5 years. 

Baltimore rocks, not much else to say.