• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, ft88 said:

All hail Baltimore original owner  comic collections. 

87EEE271-8483-4749-B060-4BE75AC776C9.thumb.jpeg.364bc16550c87abd12fce23132b4ac77.jpeg

Congrats!  A thing of beauty, indeed!  Almost makes me want to move to a test market area!  Every time I read here of a find like this (I think the last was wormboy in 10/2017), I think, "Man, what am I doing collecting these when I live here?"  Like I have a choice!

19 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:
23 hours ago, ft88 said:

87EEE271-8483-4749-B060-4BE75AC776C9.thumb.jpeg.364bc16550c87abd12fce23132b4ac77.jpeg

Eff me. That's a thing of beauty. Damn.

Cha-Ching

On 3/3/2018 at 8:53 PM, ft88 said:

Man, I miss living in Baltimore.  Congrats.  That's such a great feeling.  A whole bunch of tough issues in there.

On 3/6/2018 at 9:49 PM, NP_Gresham said:

ASM #156 variant CGC 9.6 goes for $3877.  This is 1 of 5

The ASM #159 variant CGC 9.8 that sold on eBay last year went for a paltry $2400, and that was a 1 of 1 and only 2 in 9.6.

There are at least 2 fools or a shill on C-link:facepalm:

I was watching that auction and when I saw the end price I was flabbergasted, precisely because there are five CGC 9.6s.  On the other hand, whose to say when/if one of the other four will ever be on the market.  There is also the fact that the book is of interest to ASM collectors and price variant collectors.  But personally, I agree with you whole-heartedly.  The CGC census of ASM 30 cent variants is interesting.  If only the CGC Census is considered, the ASM 159 is the scarcest ASM 30 cent price variant, esp. when compared to 155-157.  The # of ASM 30 cent price variants CGC 9.2 - 9.8 are:  155 - 28; 156 - 22; 157 - 37; 158 - 15;  159 - 12.  

I am continuing to feed my developing addiction with these 2 additional acquisitions.....both 7.0's.  Iron Man 100 and Human Fly 2 what a cool Ghost Rider cover. I missed this one when I was a kid. No surprise. I was actually completely unaware that I was in 35 cent variant mecca in 1977.  I did get the Fly #1 though but sold it raw over a decade ago. It is probably that highest graded one in the census now. I wonder if they'll make a movie with this guy? 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

7 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

Someone got themselves a nice deal

I hope it was a boardie:tink:

It was.  You can't get all the eBay price variant bargains (your recent Incredible Hulk 212,212,213 in less than a week)!   I am not counting on this one until I actually get it.  Last time I ordered a price variant from My Comic Shop they sent me a regular price book.  But they did refund my money.

2 hours ago, androolx said:

It was.  You can't get all the eBay price variant bargains (your recent Incredible Hulk 212,212,213 in less than a week)!   I am not counting on this one until I actually get it.  Last time I ordered a price variant from My Comic Shop they sent me a regular price book.  But they did refund my money.

You don't know how close that was.

I was reading the description because most of their listings seem to say "stock image".  You must have hit the "buy it" within seconds because I was reading the description(worship)

Edited by NP_Gresham

5 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

You don't know how close that was.

I was reading the description because most of their listings seem to say "stock image".  You must have hit the "buy it" within seconds because I was reading the description(worship)

You don't know the half of it!  I first checked to make sure it was not a stock image, then hit buy it.  For a moment I thought about going to the website and buying it there because it is a bit less expensive that way (and I am cheap), but for a buck or two I did not want to take the extra time to do that.  eBay has been good to me lately.  I have another eBay find which got delivered today which I will try to post a photo of tonight. 30 cent variants are more my thing, but I pick up the 35 cent variants when I can.

2 hours ago, jbud73 said:

:whatthe: that might be the 30c Variant purchase of the year. Its pretty much like finding it in the wild.

I have only been chasing Marvel price variants for about 6 months, but it is definitely my best find by far.  On an unrelated note, props to Wormboy, who has been helpful as I learn the ropes of Marvel price variant collecting.