• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

On 6/7/2018 at 8:12 PM, androolx said:

Here is some info I found interesting.  It is my understanding that Iron Man 89 is the only 30 cent variant where the indicia states the price is 30 cents, and FF 187 is the only 35 cent variant where the indicia states the price is 35 cents.  I was at a LCS today and looked at a 25 cent IM 89 and 30 cent FF 187.  The 25 cent IM 89 indicia stated the price was 30 cents, and the 30 cent FF 187 indicia stated the price was 35 cents (the FF 187 was a Whitman variant).  Not sure what this means, but one could argue the "variant" of each of those issues is the more common lower-priced versions.

I also looked at Inhumans 5 and Ka-Zar 16; both had indicia which stated the price was 30 cents, which I suppose could indicate Marvel purposely did not have any 25 cent versions of those issues.

Any info or thoughts on the above?  

Years ago I sold a bunch of 30¢-ers on eBay and used this exact logic for the 25¢ IM89.  I listed it as "25¢ Variant" with a photo of the indicia, also explaining how the 30¢ version was actually considered the price variant.  The book sold for double what they were selling for at the time.

On 8/27/2018 at 10:14 PM, KolmarAvenue said:

Looking forward to posting a number of new books in the collection and I'm also looking forward to seeing pics of the ones I didn't win!

Are you referring to the many slabbed books sold on eBay Sunday night by premierecomicbooks?