• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, jbud73 said:

someone got a great buy. Three major misspellings in the listing probably hurt some people's searches. 

7 hours ago, icp004 said:

It was me! :banana:   My dyslexia finally paid off when I searched Wierd Wonder tales instead of Weird!  Still I was surprised there was just one other bidder and that they placed just a single bid!  

Not a high grade but still a book I never expected to own.  

Hey congrats, post a scan of it out of the bag if you wouldn't mind. It looks better than my copy by a bit and I paid a lot more. 

I actually had it in my watch list, but the long weekend was nice in California so what can you do (back to Hogwarts) had it not been the long weekend, that book would have cost 3x more at least for sure.

On 9/4/2019 at 5:58 PM, icp004 said:

It was me! :banana:   My dyslexia finally paid off when I searched Wierd Wonder tales instead of Weird!  Still I was surprised there was just one other bidder and that they placed just a single bid!  

Not a high grade but still a book I never expected to own.  

Nice pick up!

I am currently selling my entire collection with all my variants so I stopped looking, but I certainly remember what a great feeling it is to find these:applause:

On 9/5/2019 at 1:30 AM, jbud73 said:

Hey congrats, post a scan of it out of the bag if you wouldn't mind. It looks better than my copy by a bit and I paid a lot more. 

I actually had it in my watch list, but the long weekend was nice in California so what can you do (back to Hogwarts) had it not been the long weekend, that book would have cost 3x more at least for sure.

Got it in today.  Nothing major that I didn’t spot from pics in the listing. Beside the obvious spine stress there is color break near the top and another to the right of the “D” in Weird (a small tear). The most noticeable is the fading and apparent stain in the red area under his right leg (no moisture wrinkles though).  Two writing marks on back cover.  Inner pages do not show wear like the cover.  It’s not perfect but I’m very excited to own it! Looks sharp in Mylar and on my office wall!

So do the seasoned vets still think it’s a good buy given the flaws?

BF971A95-759A-476C-9603-FE06142BF900.jpeg

076DE43B-9195-4DE7-A0DC-59DDE4A6331D.jpeg

7D28AF37-8C49-414B-9968-8F39DD1ED78A.jpeg

2 hours ago, icp004 said:

Got it in today.  Nothing major that I didn’t spot from pics in the listing. Beside the obvious spine stress there is color break near the top and another to the right of the “D” in Weird (a small tear). The most noticeable is the fading and apparent stain in the red area under his right leg (no moisture wrinkles though).  Two writing marks on back cover.  Inner pages do not show wear like the cover.  It’s not perfect but I’m very excited to own it! Looks sharp in Mylar and on my office wall!

So do the seasoned vets still think it’s a good buy given the flaws?

BF971A95-759A-476C-9603-FE06142BF900.jpeg

076DE43B-9195-4DE7-A0DC-59DDE4A6331D.jpeg

7D28AF37-8C49-414B-9968-8F39DD1ED78A.jpeg

Tell you what. I'll give you $156.77 for it right now. You can make a fast $100.

Yes, that's a tremendous price for that book.