• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

I'm new to this aspect of collecting, and don't know much about it or where to find information.  I only stumbled on this thread by accident.  I'd appreciate any references to good sources of information about variants.

I do have a specific question, regarding Fantasy Masterpieces, vol. 2, which has the Silver Surfer reprints.  I only just recently learned that there were price-box (?) variants -- rectangles and diamonds.  It's clear browsing around eBay and other places that the diamond variants are less common than the rectangle.  But are they really that much less common?  It seems that they don't really command a premium, just a little harder to find.  Is that accurate?  Are the variants related to distribution, such as direct vs. newsstand?

And are all of the Issue #14 diamond variants 50 cents rather than 75 cents? 

Thanks for any info.

14 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

Every time I think I am done, I get sucked right back in.

$7.54

A good day bin diving

And had this store stamp on the back of Red Sonja, it looks like Berkley was one of the distribution areas.

6C1036AC-A15E-4BC8-A6C0-C14962BEF383.jpeg

7E0763F3-2F2F-4F6E-A468-419B3DE5DE79.jpeg

Fabulous! Is the Invaders 19 available? Of course, the Red Sonja is great too but I’m working to complete my Invaders pv set one day.