• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, mec3437 said:

Thank you!  I think I'm going to put together the 30 and 35 cent variants in addition to the pence price variants for X-Men.  That should be an admirable goal to occupy my collecting time.

lol I am too in a way! I find the phoenix saga from arguably x-men #94 to #137/38/39? so boring to collect. It's a great read, I've owned them all, had them signed unfortunately raw by Claremount as a noob at my first ever con, so I sold them and decided to start over.

I've tried to add a little "flavor" to every book:

My #94 is a mark jewerlers

#95 has "white pages" lol I struggled to make that a thing hahaha

there was a #97 double cover on the bay in 9.4 cheap, but I didn't get to it in time, plus it was being sold by "Berkbridge Charity" so it's been in the news lol 

My #99 is an 8.5 30 center like yours.

My #100 is 1st gen blue label

SO I need some kind of gimmick for them to be "different" somehow some way lol :foryou: 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:
7 minutes ago, mec3437 said:

Thank you!  I think I'm going to put together the 30 and 35 cent variants in addition to the pence price variants for X-Men.  That should be an admirable goal to occupy my collecting time.

lol I am too in a way! I find the phoenix saga from arguably x-men #94 to #137/38/39? so boring to collect. It's a great read, I've owned them all, had them signed unfortunately raw by Claremount as a noob at my first ever con, so I sold them and decided to start over.

I've tried to add a little "flavor" to every book:

My #94 is a mark jewerlers

#95 has "white pages" lol I struggled to make that a thing hahaha

there was a #97 double cover on the bay in 9.4 cheap, but I didn't get to it in time, plus it was being sold by "Berkbridge Charity" so it's been in the news lol 

My #99 is an 8.5 30 center like yours.

My #100 is 1st gen blue label

SO I need some kind of gimmick for them to be "different" somehow some way lol :foryou: 

My #115 is pence my #134 is direct and newsstand (2 copies) I believe....

It's definitely a side mission and "as I run into them kind of deal" hahaha

After I completed the entire Uncanny run, I started acquiring pence books for random other runs, so I decided to try that.  It's really no different from the people who get hard for newsstands.  I'm just looking at a different printed price, so that's been it for me lately.  I have most of the X-Men pence copies (that exist) from 97 on up, and a handful from before that.  So instead of investing in real estate, gold, or my retirement accounts, I invest in paper that no one but me usually sees.  It's a great time to be alive 😆