• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

Nice Human Fly 1. I bought one off the newsstand and managed to preserve it at a 9.0+ and sold it over 10 years ago unfortunately but also fortunately because in ‘83 I lost a lot of nice books in a flood so someone’s enjoying it. I don’t think this one is it but it’s close. This one looks 9.2+.

12 hours ago, Cap_Nut said:

Nice Human Fly 1. I bought one off the newsstand and managed to preserve it at a 9.0+ and sold it over 10 years ago unfortunately but also fortunately because in ‘83 I lost a lot of nice books in a flood so someone’s enjoying it. I don’t think this one is it but it’s close. This one looks 9.2+.

Thanks! 

Sorry to hear about your books.

I’d guess 9.2 as well. The micro crease in the URC probably keeps it below 9.4, but you never know.

On 5/28/2004 at 11:53 PM, FlyingDonut said:

#1 - The first rule of Price Variant Club is, you do not talk about Price Variant Club.

#2 - The second rule of Price Variant Club is, you DO NOT talk about Price Variant Club.

#3 - If someone says that's one of the last five I need and pleads, you let him have it.

#4 - Nobody ends auctions early.

#5 - No flaming other members of Price Variant Club because they got the Ringo Kid 28 and you didn't.

#6 - Do not alert members of Price Variant Club for hidden variants. Let them find their own damn variants.

#7 - 35 cent variant collectors are insane.

#8 - If you found a variant through Price Variant Club, you have to find another one.

I just had a bunch of 61 graded, I have X-men 106 .35 variant. All of these are .35 variants. Godzilla #3  9.4,top graded x2, Marvel Team-up #61 9.4 top grade, Marvel Two-in-one #32 9.4, Human Fly #2 9.4, John Carter W O Mars #3 (9.4 tied for first, Human Fly #2 9.4 (2) tied for second, Marvel Tales #80 8.5 1st, ASM #171, 9.6 tied for first, another ASM #171 9.4 second, Black Panther #5 9.6 tied for 2nd., Defenders #50 9.6 1st, 

Fantastic Four #186, 9.4 2nd, Fantastic Four #215, 9.2 2nd, Invaders #21, 9.6 1st,Iron Man #101, 9.4 2nd, Marvel Presents #12, 9.6 1st, Marvel Super Action#3, 9.4 1st., Marvel Super Action #36, 9.6 1st,

Marvel Triple Action #37, 9.6 1st, Nova #12, 9.4 2nd, Spectacular Spider Man #9, 9.6 1st, Spectacular Spider Man #10, 9.6 1st. Red Sonja #5, 9.6 1st, Super Villain team Up #13, 9.8 1st, Same comic #13, 9.6. Godzilla #1 (2) 9.4, 2nd,. X-men #106, 9.6 1st, Marvel Premiere #38 x2, 9.4, 1st,. Marvel Two In One #30 9.2, 1st, Ms Marvel #7, 9.4, 1st,. Ms Marvel #8, 9.4, 1st. Ms Marvel #9, 9.4, 1st/

2 hours ago, 76muss said:

3E0EE0A1-E38D-41A1-9D75-7C555D882CC8.jpeg

This one is the standout to me. I'm not sure heritage is the best place to sell these. Maybe some people use that, but the price variant market is a small but dedicated group, and since these generally come up very rarely, I don't think that many probably check heritage every week or for every major auction.

1 hour ago, PeterPark said:

This one is the standout to me. I'm not sure heritage is the best place to sell these. Maybe some people use that, but the price variant market is a small but dedicated group, and since these generally come up very rarely, I don't think that many probably check heritage every week or for every major auction.

Talking with Hakes Auction out of York, Pa, they seem very interested. Thank you for your comment, I do not know how to properly price a comic that sets a new high grade. This is serious for me, to get the most I can for my family.

Edited by 76muss
additional info

Being one of those small dedicated collectors, I'd recommend Comiclink over Heritage (except for the ASM 171 and X-Men 106 maybe) and I say that having had absolute horrible customer service experiences as a seller at Comiclink.  Also depends on what they offer you as a deal.  I say this because I feel Comiclink is the preeminent site for Bronze and late Silver Age comic books. 2c

28 minutes ago, 76muss said:

Talking with Hakes Auction out of York, Pa, they seem very interested. Thank you for your comment, I do not know how to properly price a comic that sets a new high grade. This is serious for me, to get the most I can for my family.

I don't really know what you mean about being serious. I was trying to give you the best advice. You want the most buyers to realize the highest prices, hence the advice...jbud73 is right on here. Heritage is not much a variant merchant.