• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, 76muss said:

Talking with Hakes Auction out of York, Pa, they seem very interested.

All of them will be interested, but if you are a seller trying to max return, how much are they taking and what are they charging as a buyers premium.  Heritage charges buyer 20% actually I know its more I haven't bought something there in a while.  So that factors into your bottom line as buyers will factor that into what they bid on items.

Top census variants are very hard to gauge depends on whos bidding and who wants a top census copy, I find that may variant collectors are not as condition fanatics, BUT with the ASM and X-Men you will get Registry collector who are condition fanatics.  Anyway good luck with the sales.

jason

17 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

By far the best place to maximize the value for these is on Comiclink.

Heritage while excellent doesn't do a good job with Bronze Age books - that's not their focus. ComicConnect doesn't have the eyeballs. And Hake's? No.

I would call Comiclink and explain what you have - and after they pick their jaws off the floor - negotiate for high placement in one of their big time auctions. You'll get monster results from them.

I've already contacted Hakes Auctions and they are happy to have them, wish me luck.

On 10/27/2020 at 1:04 AM, 76muss said:

I just had a bunch of 61 graded, I have X-men 106 .35 variant. All of these are .35 variants. Godzilla #3  9.4,top graded x2, Marvel Team-up #61 9.4 top grade, Marvel Two-in-one #32 9.4, Human Fly #2 9.4, John Carter W O Mars #3 (9.4 tied for first, Human Fly #2 9.4 (2) tied for second, Marvel Tales #80 8.5 1st, ASM #171, 9.6 tied for first, another ASM #171 9.4 second, Black Panther #5 9.6 tied for 2nd., Defenders #50 9.6 1st, 

Fantastic Four #186, 9.4 2nd, Fantastic Four #215, 9.2 2nd, Invaders #21, 9.6 1st,Iron Man #101, 9.4 2nd, Marvel Presents #12, 9.6 1st, Marvel Super Action#3, 9.4 1st., Marvel Super Action #36, 9.6 1st,

Marvel Triple Action #37, 9.6 1st, Nova #12, 9.4 2nd, Spectacular Spider Man #9, 9.6 1st, Spectacular Spider Man #10, 9.6 1st. Red Sonja #5, 9.6 1st, Super Villain team Up #13, 9.8 1st, Same comic #13, 9.6. Godzilla #1 (2) 9.4, 2nd,. X-men #106, 9.6 1st, Marvel Premiere #38 x2, 9.4, 1st,. Marvel Two In One #30 9.2, 1st, Ms Marvel #7, 9.4, 1st,. Ms Marvel #8, 9.4, 1st. Ms Marvel #9, 9.4, 1st/

Very beautiful books. Did you have some of these pressed before grading?

You also might want to think about a sales/auction thread here as there are some very serious collectors here (I know I would be very interested in the Godzilla #3 and am likely to miss it at whichever auction house)

5 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

San Jose, California and Huntsville, Alabama.

I would have expected (from stuff I saw on internet) that the remaining two cities would have included at least one Texas city.  Perhaps test cities numbered at least 7, including a city in Texas?   

Edited by Pantodude

3 minutes ago, Pantodude said:

I would have expected (from stuff I saw on internet) that the remaining two cities would have included at least one Texas city.  Perhaps test cities numbered at least 7, including a city in Texas?   

No. Only six. San Antonio was a test market for 30s.

On 10/29/2020 at 10:02 PM, 76muss said:

Yes, they were pressed.

I hope you can attend the auction, Some will be in there Hakes auction book and some will be in the online auction.

Hello there.
Just out of curiosity, exactly when will the auction be taking place, it will definitely be interesting to see what the final price will be on those gems. 

GLWS

Edited by Ceito

10 minutes ago, icp004 said:

Recent Additions

E8FF8382-4141-44AA-8926-21992B8E1991.jpeg

This one I like, classic kinda cover lol

And it's the only one besides X-men #98 that I kind of actually search for, but mostly for already graded. Probably because I have #13 Warlock

9 hours ago, Ceito said:

Hello there.
Just out of curiosity, exactly when will the auction be taking place, it will definitely be interesting to see what the final price will be on those gems. 

GLWS

Don't know yet, but will keep all notified when it comes.

On 10/30/2020 at 4:37 PM, NP_Gresham said:

I have found several 35 cent books with a store stamp “Comics and Comix” with a Berkeley CA address. 

Yep - that's the San Jose area.