• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

This person knows who the key players are and has been into varants longer than most of us here wink.gif

Well, that crosses Mr "Leave the Forum in a Huff" off the list, as he came pretty late to the variant party. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Speaking of Chicago did anyone hear that went see any variants for sell 893applaud-thumb.gif I think Motor City comics was their were they selling variants again. I sure would liked to have gone frown.gif but I had to much stuff I had to do. Did you go darth?

Motor City had 35 cent variants. A lot of them. And BOY were they expensive. They had a Scooby-Doo 1 8.5 and a bunch of others.

Speaking of Chicago did anyone hear that went see any variants for sell 893applaud-thumb.gif I think Motor City comics was their were they selling variants again. I sure would liked to have gone frown.gif but I had to much stuff I had to do. Did you go darth?

Motor City had 35 cent variants. A lot of them. And BOY were they expensive. They had a Scooby-Doo 1 8.5 and a bunch of others.

What was the price on the Scooby, if you remember...?

My booth was located right next to Motor City, and they had some pretty nice books, albeit pricey. During downtime, I scavenged the con floor and turned up the following variants:

$.30ers

Conan 61

Defenders 35

Howard the Duck 3

Inc.Hulk 202

Marvel Presents 4

Warlock 12

Also Kazar 16 (3x), not sure if this is a variant though, but considering 17 still had a $.25 price, I picked them up anyway.

$.35ers

Inc. Hulk 216

Marvel 2 in 1 29

I didn't bother to put them up for sale at the con, noone was really asking for them. So, they will be up for sale on Ebay by the end of the week.

K

The Ka-Zar #16 is one of two non-variant 30 cent covers for the April-August 1976 Marvels-the other being Inhumans #5. I'm interested in the Conan,Marvel Presents, Warlock and possibly the Hulk variant. PM me with prices etc if you want to sell these pre-Ebay. Thanks.

That's an error. CGC does make mistakes. There are a handful of price variant errors that they've let through. Mostly missing them when they weren't notated by the submitter.

Of course there are the times they intentionally don't note it just out of stupidity.

I submitted an Iron Man #89 back when CGC first opened its doors. I noted it as a variant but when it came back it was not marked as such. I called and asked what was up. The rep told me that there was not such thing as an Iron Man #89 variant -- because Overstreet didn't say anthing about it and had never heard of it. foreheadslap.gif

So, go to the census and look up Iron Man #89. That one... right there... the regular edition VG... that's it.

blush.gif Great find on all those variants did you find them in the dollor boxes or did you have to pay full price for them? It is always exciting to find a 35 center in the cheep boxes cloud9.gif. I found a Nova #12 in the 50cent boxes in a Comic store in Nashville TN. and even though it was in such bad shape that cover was falling off I was still as excited as a little kid with a new toy blush.gif. What kind of condition is the Hulk #216 in?

Does anyone know which 35 centers Motor City had for sell any tough to find ones like Sgt. Fury or Super Actions?

589a8c9794aff_572717-nova12.jpg.4907f74531c0435e7107159749844bb4.jpg

blush.gif Great find on all those variants did you find them in the dollor boxes or did you have to pay full price for them? It is always exciting to find a 35 center in the cheep boxes cloud9.gif. I found a Nova #12 in the 50cent boxes in a Comic store in Nashville TN. and even though it was in such bad shape that cover was falling off I was still as excited as a little kid with a new toy blush.gif. What kind of condition is the Hulk #216 in?

Does anyone know which 35 centers Motor City had for sell any tough to find ones like Sgt. Fury or Super Actions?

I talked with Brain from Motor City, and got to take a look at all of their variants including the Scooby Doo #1, a very nice book, but for $3500, I had to pass. I don't remember exactly which other variants they had, but they had ALOT.

Two of the books I found I got for half off what they were marked at Graham Crackers booth, the other six I found scrounging around for $1 or less. I just got done grading them out and here is what I've come up with:

$.30ers

Conan 61 VG-

Defenders 35 VF

Howard the Duck 3 VF

Inc. Hulk 202 F-

Marvel Presents 4 VG

Warlock 12 VG+

$.35ers

Inc. Hulk 216 VF/NM

Marvel 2-in-1 29 VG+

I like to think I'm pretty tough on grading all the way down the scale, but I think they came out about right. The Hulk 216 is REALLY NICE, and unless I can get a decent buck for it raw on either here or Ebay, I might just send it it to be graded. I'll have to see.

K

Klozd I was wandering does your Hulk 216 variant have a printers crease on the right edge of the front cover just above the red banner"Countdown to Castastrophe" I have seen three of this issue and they all did and I don't know about the other two but mine also has a printers crease on the back. If yours does their must have been a problem at the factory with this issue at least the 35 cent one's I have also noticed every Ghost Rider #26 variant I have seen also has a large printers crease on the front cover to. I will attach a scan to show what I mean. Just curious if all the Hulk 216 variants are like this frown.gif. Also If anyone can rember what variants Motor City had I would love to hear.

589a8c9796bfd_572860-Hulkcrese.jpg.9e51641de2901f116c6ec5a8d230cb46.jpg

Well, I did not find anything at the local show. However, I did find a few low to mid grade .30 variants at a local store. They are:

Avengers 148

Daredevil 133

Defenders 135, 136

Dr. Strange 13

Eternals 2

FF 171

It was odd that there were some in the first part of the alphabet, but not the last part.