• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

Pretty sure the motor city copy sold for more so the price is actually a pretty good deal...

$3500

Thanks!

Then that price seems right. Graded 8.5 for $3,500, mystery grade (lower than 8.5 IMHO) $2,500.

So cool to see regardless of price!

That is the second one I've ever seen - the only other one I've personally seen is the 8.5 Motor City slabbed one.

Killeen, Texas. Hmmm. I have friends who live in Belton. Might be worth a visit.

Edit..I just noted, the seller is in Herndon, Virginia. That's two miles from my house. Might be worth a ping or two.

And you let that book make it to market. For Shame variant hunter For Shame :baiting:

Picked this up the other day goofing around on ebay. The "5" looked strange in the scan but I pulled the trigger anyway.

Its a fake, but a 1/2 decent one. Figured I'd share to let you guys know. I've been out of variant game for awhile so not sure if this has been going on before? How did they do this? The fakes I've seen they actually cut the price and seal from inside. This one is like they washed the cover somehow and transferred the image. The price is way too dark.

Thoughts?

th_Image%20199.jpg

[th_Image%20200.jpg

Your hot book buying abilities are WEAK!!!

Picked this up the other day goofing around on ebay. The "5" looked strange in the scan but I pulled the trigger anyway.

Its a fake, but a 1/2 decent one. Figured I'd share to let you guys know. I've been out of variant game for awhile so not sure if this has been going on before? How did they do this? The fakes I've seen they actually cut the price and seal from inside. This one is like they washed the cover somehow and transferred the image. The price is way too dark.

Thoughts?

th_Image%20199.jpg

[th_Image%20200.jpg

Ah! that's terrible attempt! But I bet the pic on ebay was tiny or hazy to help conceal the bad job. A very old graphic art trick.

I did it on a similar transfer on a fake book box. You probably have all the materials do it sitting in your house right this very moment!

21495381643_0015881d49_d.jpg

I hope you negged the crud out of that scammer.

Thoughts?

th_Image%20199.jpg

[th_Image%20200.jpg

That stinks about it being a fake but it is good you were able to identify it. I'll bet there are a bunch of collectors who wouldn't know any better and would happily add the book to their collection.

I was just going through my collection and realized I have a pretty nice Avengers 147 30-cent variant. Probably in the vicinity of 9.0-9.2. I am clueless on variants, is this a pretty common one, or worth offering for sale?

Thanks for any insight.

I have Avengers 147 variant as a 3 on my 1-5 rarity scale so it is about middle of the road scarce. In that condition however it is desirable and should sell quickly.

Thanks for the information, and a very accurate prediction. Listed and sold in 10 minutes!

I have Avengers 147 variant as a 3 on my 1-5 rarity scale so it is about middle of the road scarce. In that condition however it is desirable and should sell quickly.

Thanks for the information, and a very accurate prediction. Listed and sold in 10 minutes!

That's because Metarog is the man! :banana:

That's because Metarog is the man! :banana:

Aw shucks... Hi Reg! :hi:

Ok, so its taken 7 years, looking, searching, bidding :pullhair: disappointment after failure. I was close last year with FD's copy on EBAY, I thought my bid was crazy at the last few seconds. Seems someone was even crazier than me. This copy is not far off that one - its prob 5.0 or 4.5. It wasn't cheap, but lets just say I am very happy I was the under bidder a few times for this book today, as it was reasonable; I mean crazy to most, but to those 30c Variant collectors, this is the Star Wars 1 (not as much demand but its tough tough to find) DISASTROUSLY UNDER REPRESENTED IN OSPG IN ALL GRADES :makepoint::makepoint:

So BOOM!!!!!! :whee: Now I can feel myself completing the run. :cloud9:

WWT1530c.jpg

Ok, so its taken 7 years, looking, searching, bidding :pullhair: disappointment after failure. I was close last year with FD's copy on EBAY, I thought my bid was crazy at the last few seconds. Seems someone was even crazier than me. This copy is not far off that one - its prob 5.0 or 4.5. It wasn't cheap, but lets just say I am very happy I was the under bidder a few times for this book today, as it was reasonable; I mean crazy to most, but to those 30c Variant collectors, this is the Star Wars 1 (not as much demand but its tough tough to find) DISASTROUSLY UNDER REPRESENTED IN OSPG IN ALL GRADES :makepoint::makepoint:

WWT1530c.jpg

:whee:(worship):whee:

Well done, and a nice price paid as well!

WWT1530c.jpg

:whee:(worship):whee:

Well done, and a nice price paid as well!

Yes Dan, I'm getting closer, now if you would just list some more variants I could get this 15 year quest over with :baiting:lol. See you in Chitown if you are going to Wizard, and ya you can buy me a beer for being the under bidder on your copy last year lol , I was floored that it was not enough. :insane::insane::odoh!:flamed: I literally got up, walked away from the CPU and went and ran 5 miles to un- :frustrated:

That isn't exactly the easiest book to find without the variant. I have thought for years about going after that run, but have too many other things I am on right now. hm

I can feel your joy... When I found my pence copy HTD years ago, and has it SS'd with Brunner, I was over the moon!!

WWT1530c.jpg

WWT1530c.jpg

:applause: Nice one!

Hey everybody! I am not on this site very much.. but.. I am working a deal here in San Francisco.,. and I will have a pretty big announcement here soon.. IF it all works out..

Post it in the announcements thread in the COMICS MARKET - SALES ADVERTISING section.

This thread is to share your love for the books.

Thanks!

Tim

Hey everybody! I am not on this site very much.. but.. I am working a deal here in San Francisco.,. and I will have a pretty big announcement here soon.. IF it all works out..

Post it in the announcements thread in the COMICS MARKET - SALES ADVERTISING section.

This thread is to share your love for the books.

Thanks!

Tim

Maybe there are some nice price variants in there....