• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, KolmarAvenue said:

Nice find! (and prices)

Thx!

I bought them in a collection and those were the prices that were on them....Ended up I paid around 50 cents each for the comics in the collection so pretty happy with that especially since this was really a no drek collection.....:cloud9:

12 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Have had many, many 30 cent variants through the years but never a 35 cent (That I know of).

That changed when I bought a collection a few weeks ago that had these....

First convention l went to.....all gone just like that....the demand for these is just amazing.

20180930_234023.jpg

The price stickers are interesting - I'll bet those were known as 35 centers when they were bought at the store.

12 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

The price stickers are interesting - I'll bet those were known as 35 centers when they were bought at the store.

He definitely knew 3 of the 4 as price variants....truthfully if they had not been priced up I would have probably not even noticed them....:tonofbricks:

Re: printing defects on price variants... the pence variant of Star Wars #2 always seems to have this black smudge across the logo. This isn't a particularly good scan, but on some copies you can tell it's actually a reverse of the Spalding Street Ball ad from the back cover. They must have been stacked when the ink was still wet or something.

starwars2.jpg.429bce9fc72399c6571e1fe068b7e83e.jpg

Also, just for fun, here are the other three pence price variants...

starwars3.jpg.626a9d85099527d676b8568871a79b30.jpg

starwars4.jpg.dda07854e2609243b1a53e13e57ecde9.jpg

starwars5.jpg.5aad1cb4af5fd5e4b9053624c9a1a1fe.jpg