• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

No mention of bid stalking other members of the Price Variant Club? That's got to be required behavior.

Paging Rob_react: shocked.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33812&item=2250319512&rd=1

I'm "breakin' the law, breakin' the law" ....

Saw that... If that were 148 my fingers would have fallen off from the speed with which I would have hit the BIN. insane.gif

I know not alot about" PriceVariant's"

But I do have a Robin II limited series an the #1 has 2 prices one is$1.50 an other is priced $1.00 ?.

Is this a price variant? Or just the differants between direct an newstand? laugh.gif

JOhn, I'm guessin that one is a Robin II Canadian Price variant? I think I have the $1.00 ones but not the Canadian $1.50; it is probably similar to the 60/75 cent American-Canadian price covers in the '80s; I'm thinking that that was about right for the exchange rate at the time of the Robin II's but maybe our Canadian friends or other knowledgeable dealers can correct me smile.gif Post a scan too if you like.

Another consideration: Maybe one is a reprint? I forget but didn't the Robin II's come with a hologram card or foil sticker?

Another consideration: Maybe one is a reprint? I forget but didn't the Robin II's come with a hologram card or foil sticker?

The Robin II miniseries had a regular cover and a hologram cover. You could also buy them both in a collectors bag which contained a trading card.

Check it out

Just out of curiousity, I'm guessing guide for price variants is...under-valued? Lotta variant books have their price at around 150%-200% guide, but some of the prices folks here are willing to pay are well over that.

I think I accidentally bought some Warlock PVs, likely the only I own.

Edited by DKB

Just out of curiousity, I'm guessing guide for price variants is...under-valued? Lotta variant books have their price at around 150%-200% guide, but some of the prices folks here are willing to pay are well over that.

Some of the rare 30 Cent variants have gone for 1-200x condition guide- think of a book, guiding for $2-3 in VG and then selling on eBay for $200+.

35 Cent variants probably average 5x condition guide and the rare ones, when they show up, do the same sort of crazy multiples as their 30 cent brethren.

Some examples from eBay. Most of these books are lower grade, but I quote the NM price just to make it easy on myself.

Sgt. Fury #142 35 Cent Variant: $326.09 Guides for $12 in NM

SGT. FURY/HOWLING COMMANDOS #133 .30 VARIANT: 218.59 Guides for $12 in NM

KID COLT OUTLAW #205 - 30 cent variant cover: $281.65 Guides for $18 in NM

Kid Colt #205 30 cent variant 282.78

Kid Colt 220 - 35 Cent Variant: 561.78 Guides for $18 in NM

No mention of bid stalking other members of the Price Variant Club? That's got to be required behavior.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33812&item=2250319512&rd=1

"If this sells at this price I'll have a copy down in Florida so fast it'll make your head spin."

Rob. Start packaging up your variants. This book sold.

"If this sells at this price I'll have a copy down in Florida so fast it'll make your head spin."

Sick.

Sick.

Must be TGC! 27_laughing.gif

Anyone have any Hulk 35-cent variants for sale? Condition only mildly important...