• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

Just noticed that this Godzilla #1 in 9.0 sold as a buy-it-now for $799.99 a couple of weeks ago. Seems like a really strong price

Godzilla #1 CGC 9.0 35 cent variant

Nice. My 9.6 sold for $455 back in 2003. It's recorded in GPA. I wonder what it would go for now. There doesn't seem to be very many of these.

5 hours ago, Cap_Nut said:

I wonder who bought the Rawhide Kid 140 off ebay raw looks like at least a 7.5. I'd like to know what it grades at if the buyer sends it in. That's a rare one. 

That was a expensively tempting price-but wasn't me

Edited by KolmarAvenue
Description

I noticed on both of my ASM 155 30¢ variants that in the price box you can read "STILL ONLY 25¢"  under the blue (see pic).  I checked the approx 75 30¢ price variants that I own and found no others where you can read "STILL ONLY 25¢" in the price box.  Are there any other 30¢ variants like that, and are all ASM 155 30¢ variants like that?  Also, what, if anything, does this show regarding the printing of the 30¢ variants in general or this issue in particular?

ASM 155 V.jpg

5 hours ago, androolx said:

I noticed on both of my ASM 155 30¢ variants that in the price box you can read "STILL ONLY 25¢"  under the blue (see pic).  I checked the approx 75 30¢ price variants that I own and found no others where you can read "STILL ONLY 25¢" in the price box.  Are there any other 30¢ variants like that, and are all ASM 155 30¢ variants like that?  Also, what, if anything, does this show regarding the printing of the 30¢ variants in general or this issue in particular?

ASM 155 V.jpg

I don't remember all of them but I think there is this, Power Man 31 and Doctor Strange 14 orange starburst variant 30 cent variant...at least.

When I looked at my Power Man 31 I thought it looked kinda funky and maybe I could read something through the pink, but I could not make out the still only 25¢.  The info about the Dr. Strange 14 orange is interesting.

4 minutes ago, androolx said:

When I looked at my Power Man 31 I thought it looked kinda funky and maybe I could read something through the pink, but I could not make out the still only 25¢.  The info about the Dr. Strange 14 orange is interesting.

The consensus is that is probably why it was changed to yellow for the 30 centers and only a few orange starburst variants seem to have been printed. The regular starburst was orange.

As for powerman, I think you can see it if you click on mycomicshop's thumbnail in this link: https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=505911

17 hours ago, PeterPark said:

The consensus is that is probably why it was changed to yellow for the 30 centers and only a few orange starburst variants seem to have been printed. The regular starburst was orange.

As for powerman, I think you can see it if you click on mycomicshop's thumbnail in this link: https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=505911

17 hours ago, PeterPark said:

I am not that familiar with the printing process, but I wonder if the original art had the still only 25¢ text, which was then removed in such a way that the dots in the 30¢ price were slightly larger or closer together in the areas where the old text was.  It is pretty clear that the 30¢ price was not just printed over the 25¢ price.