Price Variant Club
32 32

2,859 posts in this topic

92 posts

Recent eBay finds.  The Defenders 50 isn't too bad, Invaders 17 and 20 are kinda rough and the IF 13 is really rough - cover is detached - but I still get a rush from finding them.

20180710_183518.jpg

2,556 posts

Just noticed that this Godzilla #1 in 9.0 sold as a buy-it-now for $799.99 a couple of weeks ago. Seems like a really strong price

Godzilla #1 CGC 9.0 35 cent variant

20 posts

A fabulous find indeed. I sure did miss it. Must've bern obscurely titled. Way to geaux!

20 posts
5 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

Just noticed that this Godzilla #1 in 9.0 sold as a buy-it-now for $799.99 a couple of weeks ago. Seems like a really strong price

Nice. My 9.6 sold for $455 back in 2003. It's recorded in GPA. I wonder what it would go for now. There doesn't seem to be very many of these.

92 posts
52 minutes ago, Cap_Nut said:

A fabulous find indeed. I sure did miss it. Must've bern obscurely titled. Way to geaux!

Thanks.  It was actually four different listings.

2,556 posts
6 hours ago, Cap_Nut said:

Nice. My 9.6 sold for $455 back in 2003.

I've still got it. :bigsmile:

20 posts
17 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

Glad to know it's in safe hands! That puppy paid some critical bills at the time. 

17 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

2,009 posts
On 7/10/2018 at 10:20 PM, Crowzilla said:

I love that book! You don’t see high grade copies very often, that’s for sure.

20 posts

I wonder who bought the Rawhide Kid 140 off ebay raw looks like at least a 7.5. I'd like to know what it grades at if the buyer sends it in. That's a rare one. 

1,570 posts
5 hours ago, Cap_Nut said:

I wonder who bought the Rawhide Kid 140 off ebay raw looks like at least a 7.5. I'd like to know what it grades at if the buyer sends it in. That's a rare one. 

That was a expensively tempting price-but wasn't me

Edited by KolmarAvenue
Description

3,625 posts

I wish I'd seen it first...wow...

3,625 posts

A KC 219 also sold on ebay recently...not cheap, but still not a bad price, all things considered

92 posts

I noticed on both of my ASM 155 30¢ variants that in the price box you can read "STILL ONLY 25¢"  under the blue (see pic).  I checked the approx 75 30¢ price variants that I own and found no others where you can read "STILL ONLY 25¢" in the price box.  Are there any other 30¢ variants like that, and are all ASM 155 30¢ variants like that?  Also, what, if anything, does this show regarding the printing of the 30¢ variants in general or this issue in particular?

ASM 155 V.jpg

3,625 posts
5 hours ago, androolx said:

I noticed on both of my ASM 155 30¢ variants that in the price box you can read "STILL ONLY 25¢"  under the blue (see pic).  I checked the approx 75 30¢ price variants that I own and found no others where you can read "STILL ONLY 25¢" in the price box.  Are there any other 30¢ variants like that, and are all ASM 155 30¢ variants like that?  Also, what, if anything, does this show regarding the printing of the 30¢ variants in general or this issue in particular?

ASM 155 V.jpg

I don't remember all of them but I think there is this, Power Man 31 and Doctor Strange 14 orange starburst variant 30 cent variant...at least.

92 posts

When I looked at my Power Man 31 I thought it looked kinda funky and maybe I could read something through the pink, but I could not make out the still only 25¢.  The info about the Dr. Strange 14 orange is interesting.

3,625 posts
4 minutes ago, androolx said:

When I looked at my Power Man 31 I thought it looked kinda funky and maybe I could read something through the pink, but I could not make out the still only 25¢.  The info about the Dr. Strange 14 orange is interesting.

The consensus is that is probably why it was changed to yellow for the 30 centers and only a few orange starburst variants seem to have been printed. The regular starburst was orange.

As for powerman, I think you can see it if you click on mycomicshop's thumbnail in this link: https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=505911

92 posts
17 hours ago, PeterPark said:

The consensus is that is probably why it was changed to yellow for the 30 centers and only a few orange starburst variants seem to have been printed. The regular starburst was orange.

As for powerman, I think you can see it if you click on mycomicshop's thumbnail in this link: https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=505911

17 hours ago, PeterPark said:

I am not that familiar with the printing process, but I wonder if the original art had the still only 25¢ text, which was then removed in such a way that the dots in the 30¢ price were slightly larger or closer together in the areas where the old text was.  It is pretty clear that the 30¢ price was not just printed over the 25¢ price.