• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Pulled it out of a box at a show, very surprised to find it.

Was it at Duncanville set up this past weekend?

I'm hoping to go to fan expo Dallas end of March, will have limited funds. Might mostly be box diving with a few bigger purchases, but as I'm going with someone and have a 3 day pass, it might be nice if I can eat some time away box diving where there are things like that (thumbsu

4 hours ago, mysterio said:

Found this one over the weekend. Seriously low grade, but I'm still :whee:.

RawhideKid133var.jpg

Very nice find, even though the RHKs are star bursts they are difficult to find.  I think they were rated 4/5 on the old 30c Variant list in terms of difficulty, but really (the 134 especially) should be 5/5.

40 minutes ago, jbud73 said:

Very nice find, even though the RHKs are star bursts they are difficult to find.  I think they were rated 4/5 on the old 30c Variant list in terms of difficulty, but really (the 134 especially) should be 5/5.

All of them should be a 5 I think. Ive been looking for 10+ years never found one or seen one in person. 
You can find them on ebay, but you have to look hard and hope the normal competition doesn't seem them
either.

Any war, horror, or toon, or western should be that for the most part. Even 30 centers are really difficult
to find. I have found one copy of Weird Wonder Tales in that amount of time looking. And it was beat to hell.

I don't even see them at shows on the walls. They are still buried in collections. 

Edited by fastballspecial

53 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Was it at Duncanville set up this past weekend?

I'm hoping to go to fan expo Dallas end of March, will have limited funds. Might mostly be box diving with a few bigger purchases, but as I'm going with someone and have a 3 day pass, it might be nice if I can eat some time away box diving where there are things like that (thumbsu

It wasn't Duncanville, it was one of the out of town dealers that set up at North Texas. Nice guys, I've known them a while and they knew what it was, but because of the defects they didn't think it was particularly valuable. I figured that even in this shape it was worth picking up.

2 minutes ago, mysterio said:

It wasn't Duncanville, it was one of the out of town dealers that set up at North Texas. Nice guys, I've known them a while and they knew what it was, but because of the defects they didn't think it was particularly valuable. I figured that even in this shape it was worth picking up.

ah no worries :) It pays to look! I might end up with a lot of time on my hands at the con, silly me still looking at Facebook Live videos and searching around for other books even though the con is in less than 6 weeks lol 

I'll have fun though!

43 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

ah no worries :) It pays to look! I might end up with a lot of time on my hands at the con, silly me still looking at Facebook Live videos and searching around for other books even though the con is in less than 6 weeks lol 

I'll have fun though!

It's shaping up to be a good show, I'm looking forward to it! Make sure you stop by our booth and say hi!

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

All of them should be a 5 I think. Ive been looking for 10+ years never found one or seen one in person. 
You can find them on ebay, but you have to look hard and hope the normal competition doesn't seem them
either.

Any war, horror, or toon, or western should be that for the most part. Even 30 centers are really difficult
to find. I have found one copy of Weird Wonder Tales in that amount of time looking. And it was beat to hell.

I don't even see them at shows on the walls. They are still buried in collections. 

It also depends where you live.  I live very close to San Jose, which was a test market so I have seen a lot of 30c in the wild and even a few westerns.  For a while WWT15 seemed to be the one, but I think its the KCs, again depending on the region you live in and these things tends to go in cycles ... very long cycles.  If you don't live near a test market then the chances of seeing a western or horror 30c in the wild is slim to none.

1 hour ago, mysterio said:

It was definitely worth picking up. Is and always will be a rare book in any grade (thumbsu

1 hour ago, jbud73 said:

It also depends where you live.  I live very close to San Jose, which was a test market so I have seen a lot of 30c in the wild and even a few westerns.  For a while WWT15 seemed to be the one, but I think its the KCs, again depending on the region you live in and these things tends to go in cycles ... very long cycles.  If you don't live near a test market then the chances of seeing a western or horror 30c in the wild is slim to none.

Oh I agree your % goes way up if you live near a test city.

Most of us sadly do not and have to look long and far to find one or fight it out online for one.

Edited by fastballspecial

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Oh I agree your % goes way up if you live near a test city.

Most of us sadly do not and have to look long and far to find one or fight it out online for one.

I have been buying these things for 25 years now (!!!!) and I have never seen a Kid Colt 208 in the wild anywhere. Not on a wall, not in a box, not in a case. Every other variant I've seen. I've seen more Flintstones 1 35 centers in the wild than I have Kid Colt 208s.

13 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

I have been buying these things for 25 years now (!!!!) and I have never seen a Kid Colt 208 in the wild anywhere. Not on a wall, not in a box, not in a case. Every other variant I've seen. I've seen more Flintstones 1 35 centers in the wild than I have Kid Colt 208s.

So you're saying there's a chance :roflmao:

1 hour ago, FlyingDonut said:

I bought mine from Fred in 2000. There's always a chance. They're out there.

Fred, as in ParisFred?  That would be ironic, to acquire one of the most elusive US comic books from a Parisian :bigsmile:

1 hour ago, jbud73 said:

Fred, as in ParisFred?  That would be ironic, to acquire one of the most elusive US comic books from a Parisian :bigsmile:

Fred McSorley. Old school variant guy. Wonder whatever happened to him.