• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman and Detective Show Us Yours!
14 14

2,400 posts in this topic

I think you all might like this one.  It's got a Bruce Wayne prototype story in it by Bob Kane which predates Dectective #27.  Unfortunately it is not my copy.  It belongs to the owner of my LCS and he refuses to sell it.  He thinks this comic is insanely undervalued given its historical significance and I'm inclined to agree with him.  The owner was nice enough to let me read it before it got sent in to CGC.

Detective Picture Stories #5 a.jpg

Detective Picture Stories #5 b.jpg

1 hour ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I think you all might like this one.  It's got a Bruce Wayne prototype story in it by Bob Kane which predates Dectective #27.  Unfortunately it is not my copy.  It belongs to the owner of my LCS and he refuses to sell it.  He thinks this comic is insanely undervalued given its historical significance and I'm inclined to agree with him.  The owner was nice enough to let me read it before it got sent in to CGC.

Detective Picture Stories #5 a.jpg

Detective Picture Stories #5 b.jpg

That's great--I agree it's undervalued. Interesting that CGC doesn't note the "Bruce Wayne Prototype" or something similar on the label.

38 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

I've wondered whether this particular cover was the inspiration for the animation in the music video to Aha's "Take On Me".

Never thought of that, but the styles are certainly similar. hm

On 11/15/2020 at 11:47 AM, Marty Mann said:

IMG   BATMAN #50  PAC (200 dpi)     .jpg

One of my favorite covers.  I purchased my copy at a flea market/antique shop in New Jersey.  My copy of Batman 47 was purchased through an ad in RBCC back in the sixties (50 plus years ago)

25480788461_6ff9f85218_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun