• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman and Detective Show Us Yours!
14 14

2,400 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2017 at 0:27 PM, lhcomics said:

Dude you're killing it! Love the group shots. When do you post the Batman 1?

I haven't found Art a batman 1 yet, but I'm always on the lookout ! :sorry:

3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

I haven't found Art a batman 1 yet, but I'm always on the lookout ! :sorry:

Hmmm, could this possibly be a certain Florida comic book dealer and collector who also loves Mego Batman stuff?

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:52 PM, Primetime said:
lhcomics said:
This came back from CGC today.

2017-02-01-0001_zpsgjw2plv5.jpg

nice Leroy. And the Sept 25 arrival date is cool as well.

Yes, I love arrival dates. Wish all my books had them.

Well I don't know if its ok to post this and will delete if it does not fit (tho I don't know how to delete posts yet) but collecting Batman related Corgies is a hobby all into itself and while I have a bunch  with only some of them shown here, its kind of numbing to try to get them all and while I collect all kinds of vintage Batman stuff beyond the comics I really don't have any intention of trying. But there are an awful lot of collectors out there who do it and do it fantastically well. Corgie collectors are really into condition of everything related to them even more so then comic book collectors are. As with comic books age does affect them. Stickers come loose or fall off the vehicles, the plastic bubbles for the packaging dries out and cracks if u even look hard at them and the boxes can be delicate. Still the Corgie Batmobile  is an excellent version of the tv one. But for me I still like the comics best myself.  They made 3 gift packs in total and I have 2 of them shown in the back row. The box on the right is a first edition release of the Batmobile.

My Corgies # 1.jpg

Yeah it came with little tiny rockets that the car could shoot out and you can see that advertised on the box on the right. It is a pretty cool toy overall

Edited by batt90

2 hours ago, woowoo said:

:whatthe:  But mine was in the bathtub with me when I was 8 years old. I think it shot red flints in the airhm I love your set great collecting :golfclap:

I am betting your quoted comment would be more accurate if you replaced "when I was 8 years old" with "last night"   :baiting:

Edited by batman_fan

Today I become a man (or true loser depending on your perspective).  For my 10,000 post I decided to re-post my Batman 1.  Batman has always been my favorite superhero and this is definitely my favorite book in my collection.  I have been on the boards for 13 years and sadly only one of my post have had any value (back when I hit 8,000 post I said two had value but checking again, one really didn't have any value).  This is a great place to learn and share as well as watch some of the drama unfold.

batman1s.jpg

Edited by batman_fan
spelling

39 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Today I become a man (or true lesser depending on your perspective).  For my 10,000 post I decided to re-post my Batman 1.  Batman has always been my favorite superhero and this is definitely my favorite book in my collection.  I have been on the boards for 13 years and sadly only one of my post have had any value (back when I hit 8,000 post I said two had value but checking again, one really didn't have any value).  This is a great place to learn and share as well as watch some of the drama unfold.

batman1s.jpg

Now your an old man time to sell:makepoint:  pm me  

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

Today I become a man (or true loser depending on your perspective).  For my 10,000 post I decided to re-post my Batman 1.  Batman has always been my favorite superhero and this is definitely my favorite book in my collection.  I have been on the boards for 13 years and sadly only one of my post have had any value (back when I hit 8,000 post I said two had value but checking again, one really didn't have any value).  This is a great place to learn and share as well as watch some of the drama unfold.

batman1s.jpg

Thanks for sharing that pic again.   Epic cover/post for the milestone. 

3 hours ago, StingerMcK said:

Working on the feline fatale

bat42.jpg

1332839005f.jpg

bat84.jpg

I think it is a wise theme to chase. While not cheap, they haven't hit Joker levels and I suspect people will start to chase them as they get priced completely out of Joker books (plus the Cstwoman covers are cool)