• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman and Detective Show Us Yours!
14 14

2,400 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Here's a book from an original owner collection that I picked up earlier this year and forgot to post. I grabbed a raw and a splash pic before having it graded. 

detective 80 4.0 ow-w .jpg

I have a copy out of a large GA collection that came out of AZ back in the 90s, not as nice as yours. (worship)

19 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I have a copy out of a large GA collection that came out of AZ back in the 90s, not as nice as yours. (worship)

This was out of a small north Minnesota collection. There were only a few books found. I remember a World's Finest & there may have been a few Wonder Woman issues. 

On 11/22/2018 at 4:15 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Here's a book from an original owner collection that I picked up earlier this year and forgot to post. I grabbed a raw and a splash pic before having it graded. 

detective 80 4.0 ow-w .jpg

I found a scan of my copy !  The collection has the years written on all the covers.

detective_80.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Detective-Comics-35-DC-Comics-Golden-Age-1940-Hypodermic-Needle-Cover-CGC-2-0-/233028904946

I thought this was a nice presenting 2.0.  But $13,901 seems pretty soft.  GPA shows another 2.0 in 2016 for $19,120.  But the other 2.0  had no tape, so likely a factor, and this same 2.0 went for $12,755 in May 2015, so really not much increase in 3.5 yrs.  But you have to question the wisdom of a seller with less than 100 feedback and an auction ending on Thursday morning.  Hopefully someone here got a nice deal!

2 hours ago, mwotka said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Detective-Comics-35-DC-Comics-Golden-Age-1940-Hypodermic-Needle-Cover-CGC-2-0-/233028904946

I thought this was a nice presenting 2.0.  But $13,901 seems pretty soft.  GPA shows another 2.0 in 2016 for $19,120.  But the other 2.0  had no tape, so likely a factor, and this same 2.0 went for $12,755 in May 2015, so really not much increase in 3.5 yrs.  But you have to question the wisdom of a seller with less than 100 feedback and an auction ending on Thursday morning.  Hopefully someone here got a nice deal!

Agreed. soft soft price and might not have been wise to end it on a Thursday morning for eBay. I was thinking this is at least a $25k copy. Will be interesting to see what the two low grade CGC Comic Connect copies go for next week. 

Edited by Primetime

1 hour ago, Primetime said:
4 hours ago, mwotka said:

Agreed. soft soft price and might not have been wise to end it on a Thursday morning for eBay.

Scam. Hijacked account. Look at seller feedback. Reported the item but eBay didn't take it down.

Edited by Gotham Kid

15 minutes ago, D84 said:

I've been noticing a downward trend for the pre-Robin books on Comiclink.

Have them list a book I need or that I'd like to upgrade.

Edited by Gotham Kid