Batman and Detective Show Us Yours!
18 18

1,831 posts in this topic

1,542 posts
1 hour ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Got a question for you Batman collector's.  This book just auctioned on ebay for $1,375.  OPG lists it at around $150-200 in this condition, and does not single it out as a special issue.  What's going on with this book, besides the 1st appearance of the Human Firefly?  Is it really a 7x guide book?

-----------------------------------------s-l1600.jpg

I can explain it. Some people are dumb.

407 posts
10 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

:taptaptap:

Just seems Bat and Tec collectors want this to fill the run. Glad I have mine because I wouldn’t pay that but some others might. 

50,473 posts

There's a number of collectors who want all of Batman Villain first appearances.  This one is ubber rare and there you are.

1,269 posts
Posted (edited)
On 4/19/2020 at 7:16 AM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Got a question for you Batman collector's.  This book just auctioned on ebay for $1,375.  OPG lists it at around $150-200 in this condition, and does not single it out as a special issue.  What's going on with this book, besides the 1st appearance of the Human Firefly?  Is it really a 7x guide book?

-----------------------------------------s-l1600.jpg

To answer your question, guide is wrong. Guide isn’t right on a lot of books, granted that’s mainly bigger keys, but it is still first firefly. We got a version in the Gotham Show 🤷‍♂️. If anyone just did a quick eBay search you would see several recent legitimate sales would support this raw copy’s final price. I’d say this copy is around a 4.0-4.5, so $1375 makes sense.

ED5B4104-1698-41B1-B77D-176B35377BCB.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

4,527 posts
6 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

Some doofus is buying up all the Tec180s, so I only have eleven copies, including three from bon vivant, Harley Yee.  Just got delivered a few minutes ago.  Without ringing the doorbell, the FedEx guy shot put the box over our ten foot gate, despite the box being marked fragile.  Harley did a great job of packing.

0AA77C66-0871-42E5-A00D-36AE962A0EE5.jpeg

Some doofus also has 11 168's

249 posts
17 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

Some doofus is buying up all the Tec180s, so I only have eleven copies, including three from bon vivant, Harley Yee.  Just got delivered a few minutes ago.  Without ringing the doorbell, the FedEx guy shot put the box over our ten foot gate, despite the box being marked fragile.  Harley did a great job of packing.

0AA77C66-0871-42E5-A00D-36AE962A0EE5.jpeg

I absolutely love Detective 180. Haven't pulled the trigger on one yet, but I can't imagine it'll be long until I do...