• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warren Magazines are heating up!!!!!

30 posts in this topic

Is it just me or has the market for Warren Magazines (Creepy, Vampirella, Eerie, etc.) been heating up as of late??? It seems that there is a new group, or generation of collectors that are showing interest in these classic horror mags. Thus, pushing the market.

Last night on ComicLink, Creepy #17 cgc 9.6 double cover went for $650.00 at auction. I know the highest and the best always command very high prices. However, I was shocked when I saw $650.00 for that book. I think its great and I hope the momentum continues.

If values keep increasing, we will probably see more mid to high number copies get slabbed and that will be good for everyone.

Dave K.

My thoughts exactly....I have a great, high grade set of Creepy. A bit over 50 percent complete. And I am now thinking to myself, it is going to cost me and arm and a leg to complete the set.

I couldn't agree with you more! I guess its a double edged sword. Whatever you own is rapidly increasing in value. So its not such a bad thing.

The market seems to be much more stable today then it was a few years ago. Between 2004 and 2007, there were a few high grade collections that went to auction on Ebay and at Heritage in Dallas. Many high grade, slabbed Warren magazines hit the market during this time. Some books commanded huge prices. Others went for ridiculously low prices. However, that was because there were two or three heavy hitters/investors throwing in huge bids and competing against each other for these books.

Today, the market seems more balanced. I think there are more buyers and now more collectors of Warren magazines than years ago. Some basic price guidelines have been established because of the supply and demand of the market. These classic, old school mags seem to be ringing a nostalgic bell with collectors and investors alike. I hope they continue to do well and gain attention.

It still boggles my mind how these books don't get the attention they deserve, considering the quality of most of the artwork.

Quiet! :slapfight:

Some of those Marvel collectors in the other forums might hear you and wake up before it's too late, let them continue to sleep :whistle:

It still boggles my mind how these books don't get the attention they deserve, considering the quality of most of the artwork.

Quiet! :slapfight:

Some of those Marvel collectors in the other forums might hear you and wake up before it's too late, let them continue to sleep :whistle:

No kidding. I enjoy being able to buy them without having to sell plasma.

I don't care if nobody else ever likes them. I like them and that's all that matters.

No kidding. I enjoy being able to buy them without having to sell plasma.

I don't care if nobody else ever likes them. I like them and that's all that matters.

Ayep, last thing we need is a bunch of deep pockets and more Dollars than Sense bidding against us.

Creepy #17 is a key of sorts since it was the last Archie Goodwin Creepy, so if we had a handful of Marvel Key Hunters suddenly start bidding on something like that, it would have been more like 10 or 20k last night.

So in that aspect, $650 was cheap (thumbs u

Did anyone check out the Creepy 17 in the CLink auction this month? That went for a strong price.

Crud, I got ripped off, mine only has 1 cover :(

creepy17_96.jpg

You have the prettiest magazines. :cloud9:

I thought that was mostly a result of the collector-nostalgia thing. Most kids certainly preferred to buy two or three comics versus a higher priced magazine. I almost never bought magazines until I was 18 or so and had the money to spend.