• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Astonish or Suspense?

12 posts in this topic

Been pondering which of these two B-rated Marvel titles to tackle next in high grade; the first ten issues of TTA with Antman or the first ten issues of TOS with Ironman.

My guess is that the Suspense issues would probably be the better investment, but the Astonish issues might pose the bigger challenge, especially issue 36. Any thoughts? grin.gif

I'd get the TOS in high grade if I had the cash. I have almost a complete "reading" run of 39-99. I love those old stories. Not to mention the first apperance of Iron Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow and SA Cap in that run. #49 is also a great one when it comes to "firsts".

Yea, I've only ever seen a CGC 9.0 of TOS #49, nothing higher. Collecting the first 10 issues of TOS (stoping at 48 and not getting 49) is like collecting the first 26 issues if Detective Comics, it's cool, but you kind of miss the point (or one of the points anyway).

Really?? I never knew those books were earlier.. thanks Captain Obvious tongue.gif

heh just kidding with you.. I'd say that ToS 57 is just about as hard to find as some of those TtA books with the exception of first and second Antman tongue.gif

Brian

What??? Nobody likes any of the earlier spooky sci-fi monster mystery fantasy stories. I must be the only one who liked the TALE OF THE WATCHER stories better than the IRON MAN stories. I'll take GORILLA-MAN or GOOM over a ANT-MAN anyday.

I'm a big fan of GOOGAM, SON OF GOOM, myself. I'd go for Tales to Astonish, as you'll be able to save a lot of money, since you won't be able to find the books in high grade. Good luck on Tales 28-34 in grade, btw. I've been looking for high grade copies for years and years and years.

Tales of the Watcher was good.... I also really liked those Larry Lieber backup Sci-fi stories in the first few superhero issues - the stories were a nice complement somehow... I like part monster/ part superhero better than 100% of either smile.gif