• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

Time to bump this thread with some MP goodies I got at WW Austin. First off, several little sketches done by Pitarra on books I subbed for SS.

MP2.jpg

MP4.jpg

MP5.jpg

Here is the first sketch cover commission I have done.

MPsketch.jpg

And, last but far from least, a page of OA from #1 that I've coveted since I read the book and then later saw it online.

MPpage.jpg

Nick was incredibly cool to chat with and super accommodating with sketching and everything, so I would encourage any fans of the book to check out his table if he is at a show near you.

Great sketches Mysterio, I still haven't read this book so really need to get with the programme. I actually ordered 2 copies of the 1st issue before it was released for cover price and then after it became a hot book got a message from the seller saying we can no longer make your order! Never picked it up after that as sold out and selling for more than I wanted to pay.

Love your sig line by the way Mysterio, always enjoy seeing it (thumbs u

Thanks! Meeting Pitarra was one of the better show experiences I have had in a while, he is great. I'd suggest picking up a TPB to check MP out ASAP. #1-2 can still be pricey raw when you can find them, but the other issues haven't seemed to get much of a bump. If you've got decent LCSs near by you may be able to find 1st or later prints of most books as #7 just comes out this week. It is quirky to be sure, but just a fantastic read and I really like the art.

Glad you enjoy the sig line! It was great fun to put together and I"m still working on a few upgrades. I just love the run and it may be the most satisfying group of books I have.

It's been pretty successful, and very well received if reviews are anything to go by.

For me, it's the joint best book on the stands at the moment together with Saga. Pretty much everything Hickman has touched recently has been gold.

+1 to Nick Pitarra being a very nice guy too.

Manhattan projects is selling well I thought? Personally, I love the covers. Actually the covers are some of my favorite on the stands. Less is more a lot of the time.

+1...Those covers are what attracted me to the series.

Love this one (that's coming out tomorrow):

mp7.jpg

...and it's "sister" cover (which comes out in 2 weeks):

mp8.jpg

:applause:

+1 to Nick Pitarra being a very nice guy too.

+1 indeed, really nice guy - enjoyed interacting with him. The whole mad science theme in this book is really appealing to me, so I hope it has a good run. Plus, I love the book both narratively and stylistically.

I absolutely love the covers, and I disagree about not looking good in slabs. The contrast and symbolic covers are nearly frame-worthy in my opinion.

I love this book and I love the covers.

Weird question, but did anybody notice a similarity in the art in this book and the animation in the first season or two of the cartoon RugRats when they read the first issue?

I don't see it anymore, but I couldn't help but notice the similarities at first.

Feel free to dump on me if you think I'm crazy, but I had to say it.

Edited by awakeintheashes

I absolutely love the covers, and I disagree about not looking good in slabs. The contrast and symbolic covers are nearly frame-worthy in my opinion.

I love this book and I love the covers.

Weird question, but did anybody notice a similarity in the art in this book and the animation in the first season or two of the cartoon RugRats when they read the first issue?

I don't see it anymore, but I couldn't help but notice the similarities at first.

Feel free to dump on me if you think I'm crazy, but I had to say it.

You're not crazy, you may be onto something... Something to ask Nick about next time perhaps (thumbs u

@mysterio,

Nice grab you got there. I collect Einstein stuff in addition to comics (No, I still don't have his autograph). It would be really awesome if I can acquire a Pitarra sketch of Einstein in one of my MP books, but alas, living outside US, it's next to impossible. :)

@awakeintheashes,

Now that you've mentioned it, there really is a similarity.

#7 was another good read, and from the note in the back they'll be speeding things up to get back on a monthly schedule. I love Pitarra's art so I'm a little disappointed that they'll be bringing in a guest artist for #10, but I'm sure he'll be good too.