• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS 49 scan for supapimp

43 posts in this topic

Supa, you asked me to let you know once this arrived:

FN/VF TOS 49

From auction: "I would call this comic book Fine/Very Fine. Cover looks great except for right along the spine there are small 1/8 or 1/4 inch creases due to aging and wear

Otherwise…

SPINE: Tight, entire book intact, no missing pieces.

PAGES: Tan, Crisp, All attached

COVER: Flat, inks are bright with High reflectivity "

The pages are what I would call tan. And the comic pages are way too flaccid. I would not agree with the FN/VF. Let me know what you think. Note that the auction scan was cut at the point where the spinal cracks begin. frown.gif

tos49.jpg

tos49bk.jpg

Don't you just hate when you have high expectations of recieving a nice book and then you get that in the mail. Looks like I am not the only one that this happens to.

I feel your pain Darth....

hey darth why haven't you left negative feedback for that tool yet? Are you going to try and get your money back first?

Exactly...trying to get $$$ back and negging will not be conducive to that end. Let me put his reply to my opinon of his book.:

=========================================================

darthdiesel@yahoo.com wrote:

I just received this today. The packing job was excellent. However when I saw the book, the amount of spinal wear would bring this book down to a VG at best? Do have an actual better copy (FN/VF) as you mentioned in the description that you can replace this with? Please let me know if there is anything you can do? I think I paid a fair price for a FN according to the Overstreet price guide and $65 is just right. But for a Good/Very good copy? $28 is more what I would have paid for this copy.

--------------------

Question from: darthdiesel

Title of item: Tales of Suspense #49 Marvel Silver Age Comic

Seller: tigerblockhead

Starts: Dec-10-02 20:39:36 PST

Ends: Dec-17-02 20:39:36 PST

Price: Currently $67.55

To view the item, go to: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=747231896

=======================================================

Seller's Reply:

That is the only copy that I had. That comic was appraised at Fn/Vf by the overstreet price guide descriptions. The rating that you would like to give it as Very Good in the overstreet guide allows for:

Some wear can have a reading or center crease, modereratley rolled spine, minor soiling, 1/4 ' triangle can be missing out of the corner or edge, a square of 1/8th by 1/8th is also acceptable. Store stamps, arrival dates, initials etc has no effect on this grade. Cover and interior pages can have some minor tears and folds and the centerfold may be detached at one staple. Cover may be loose but not completely detached, Many VG condition comics have minor tape repair. Very good was priced for $23.00 in the overstreet guide.

This comic is not in the shape that is mentioned in the very good description as you can see.

The description of a Fine comic which is the price you paid according to the Overstreet guide is:

Shows minor wear but is still relatively flat and clean with no signigicant creasing or other serious defects. Eye appeal is somewhat reduced because of slight surface wear and possibly a small defect such as a few slight cross stress marks on spine or a very slight spine split of 1/4 ". A fine condition comic book apprears to have been read a few times and has been handled with moderate care. Compared to VG cover inks are beginning to show a significant reduction in reflectivity but it is still a highly collectible and desirable book. Fine was priced for 69.00 in the overstreet guide.

A very Fine book has a relatively flat cover with almost no surface wear. Cover inks are generally bright with moderate to high reflectivity. Staple may show discloration. Spine may have a couple of almost insignificant transverse stress lines and is almost completely flat. A barely unnoticable 1/4 inch crease is acceptable. Very fine was priced as 160.00 in the overstreet guide.

I know the comic does not make it to very fine but is higher then Fine. That is why it was graded the way it was and that is why I agreed with the grading I received from an appraiser. I have sold other comics and have not had any problems with the grading. The prices I mentioned above for each grade came out of the newest Overstreet guide the 32nd edition.

I am glad you were happy with the packaging. If you are not happy with my explanation and would like to send the comic back packaged the same way for its protection I will refund you money and re-list the comic again.

Thanks

Larry

grin.gif

Hey, I am talking about all the other books you and rickdogg are bidding on! Get off my case! Boy, I looked my at Marvel Feature 1 in preparation for slabbing. What a beauty! wink.gif No production creases! tongue.gif