• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5th Annual March Madness CGC Grading Tournament- Seeding Round

251 posts in this topic

:news::acclaim:Welcome to the Start of the 2012 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament. :acclaim::news:

There are plenty of returning veteran teams so it should be a fun and competitive tournament. I will be out of pocket today (Tiger Cub Safari) so I will be posting the scans tonight. If there are questions, maybe some of the veteran teams can answer them.

This round is to establish a won-loss record for each team so the bracket pairings can be set. Future head to head single elimination rounds will involve grading only four books. The scans will be posted tonight, and the scoring and rules are listed below. In the event that there are more than 64 teams, there will be a one round free for all to select the final two teams in the tournament. :eek:

Good luck to all.... :wishluck:

The rules for this round are as follows:

1. PM me all grades in the order they are listed and write your username and location. Associate the book with the grade. No grade changes are allowed after submitting your grades. Submit all ten grades at the same time.

Below is a list you can copy and paste into your PM.

(Team (Username)) __________________ (VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU INCLUDE YOUR USERNAME!)

Conan the King #47 W

Defenders #34 OW-W

Fantastic Four #55 OW-W

Fantastic Four #61 OW-W

Incredible Hulk #118 Cr-OW

Jungle Action #6 W

Master of Kung Fu #18 Cr-OW

Strange Tales #147 W

Thor #132 OW-W

Tales of Suspense #70 OW-W

2. Grades are due by midnight March 13th.

3. Submit your location (NE, NW, SE, SW)

4. You may PM me or ask questions in the thread. Answers will be posted in the thread so everyone has the same info.

5. Each player’s won loss record will be determined as follows:

Spot on= 3 wins

Within .5= 2 wins

Not within .5 = 1 loss

Not within 1= 2 losses

Bonus= The third spot on grade will be granted 1 bonus win, fourth= 2 bonus wins, fifth through tenth= 3 bonus wins.

Current Prize List:

1. Banner/ Flag for the International Champion.

Bracketempty.jpg

Tom...if there are more than 64 teams, will the play-in be between the bottom # of players (based on initial scores) beyond 64 competing for the 2 play-in spots?

I didn't expain that very well. If there are over 64 entries, the teams ranked 63 and lower will be vying for the #63 and 64 slots. Last year's play-in tourney was cumbersome, confusing, and took too long. :tonofbricks: