• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5th Annual March Madness CGC Grading Tournament- Seeding Round

251 posts in this topic

Goodness.. I didn't think my comment would cause quite the stir. But hey, It's good to have it in the open.

Suoergoof #27... lol. It wasn't my book to grade so I checked the census. And I think it's a little altruistic to just say 'okay, the rule is nobody check the census.' How about do whatever you must to get the grade. That would make it more equal. And having a book like supergoof where there is obviously only one. I agree it is 'cheating' in a sense... but it's not something that can be monitored so it is what it is. Like HGH in sports.

Goodness.. I didn't think my comment would cause quite the stir. But hey, It's good to have it in the open.

Suoergoof #27... lol. It wasn't my book to grade so I checked the census. And I think it's a little altruistic to just say 'okay, the rule is nobody check the census.' How about do whatever you must to get the grade. That would make it more equal. And having a book like supergoof where there is obviously only one. I agree it is 'cheating' in a sense... but it's not something that can be monitored so it is what it is. Like HGH in sports.

The funny part is, that you commented that on my post, where I said I graded it spot on just for fun. Why would I have to cheat when it wasn't even my game? Wouldn't make any sense. And that book wasn't really hard to grade. You can comment something like that anytime, but please don't accuse somebody of cheating. Especially me, I was one of the players at the bottom of the list in the seeding round :grin:

Here's how it should work in my opinion... 2c

1. Look at the scans and grade the books.

2. Send grades/guesses to Nostalgic Attic.

3. Wait for results.

Rinse/repeat... (shrug)

I mean...c'mon...it's a grading contest...not a sleuthing contest doh! ...last I checked there wasn't an Action 1 up for grabs in the prizes...

The point is to test your grading prowess against your opponent...and to improve your grading skills...even if you get bounced it's good practice to play along to the end...

The funny part is, that you commented that on my post, where I said I graded it spot on just for fun. Why would I have to cheat when it wasn't even my game? Wouldn't make any sense. And that book wasn't really hard to grade. You can comment something like that anytime, but please don't accuse somebody of cheating. Especially me, I was one of the players at the bottom of the list in the seeding round :grin:

My comment to you was just a joke. Playful ribbing, not meaning to accuse you of anything. That would make no sense.

And I personally don't find it as cheating as I've never seen it commented anywhere that it was against the rules. Besides, it's just a silly grading contest... if someone wants to look at the census I say go for it. It will probably only help if another Supergoof book comes into play.

My comment to you was just a joke. Playful ribbing, not meaning to accuse you of anything. That would make no sense.

And I personally don't find it as cheating as I've never seen it commented anywhere that it was against the rules. Besides, it's just a silly grading contest... if someone wants to look at the census I say go for it. It will probably only help if another Supergoof book comes into play.

That's why I asked for the ruling. Now it has been commented that it is against rules. Let's all play that way.

:news:FINAL SCORE :news:

grinin 75

azsumilo 36

grinin better pack their bags and head to the NW.

:applause: Good job Grinn, and thanks again for all the microchamber paper

Thanks!

My ascension continues! Watch out Liaton!!!

Glad the microchamber paper got there quick!

Challenge accepted!!! :grin:

:news:FINAL SCORE :news:

grinin 75

azsumilo 36

grinin better pack their bags and head to the NW.

:applause: Good job Grinn, and thanks again for all the microchamber paper

Thanks!

My ascension continues! Watch out Liaton!!!

Glad the microchamber paper got there quick!

Go and make us low seeded players proud!!!!

Okay, than it was a misunderstanding (thumbs u