• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New To CGC posted by deleranko

10 posts in this topic

Just sent in first submissions.

Just started collecting comic books 1 yr ago and just joined CGC this past month. I am now 22 yrs of age, somewhat of a late bloomer i guess. I started with modern comics but quickly made the jump to the more desirable and more attractive silver and golden age. Now I'm looking to get some of my own books graded and so recently joined CGC.

I have submitted 4 comics that have sentimental value. Payed myself so I don't waste my coupon on elementary comics. I also wanted to test my own grading merit, which I'm sure is quite ignorant and subject to bias, and also to familiarize myself with the process. My submissions are as follows:

Wolverine 1 Djurdevic variant- First comic I ever bought

Walking Dead 27

Green Lantern 2nd series 40

Action Comics 304-First silver age comic purchased.

These are my estimated grades. I can't wait to get these back and be disappointed!!! Just kidding I will be happy with any grade and really want to compare my expectations vs reality to help evaluate comics and future submission possibilities.

Reading all these different journals from all of you guys just gets me super excited to really turn my collecting into full gear. Reading the CGC graders experience I hope I never reach that point and am glad I'm a newbie and have so much to discover.

See more journals by deleranko

as a newbie i'm glad you're already prepared to be let down by your grades. I had to learn about stains and scuffs the hard way.

cheers and welcome to the Borg collective....kiss all your money goodbye.

Yes, welcome to the Uber-OCD-about-graded-comics club! I've been in the CGC collecting side of all this for about three years now and let me tell you, once you jump in with both feet, U R HOOKED! Be careful or you may wind up completely broke! :eek:

Welcome to the registry...even if you are a DC fan. Kidding! That's what's great about our little community, you get to broaden your horizons and check out some amazing collections that you otherwise might not ever see. Good luck on your collection, and keep us updated with more journals!

sig.jpg