• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amateurish BILL WARD imitations sold as if original art

9 posts in this topic

Somebody on eBay named barmir2010, who has a feedback rating of 14, is selling "Bill Ward signed drawings" that look like they were done by a teenager:

-- Sexy telephone girl 1

-- Sexy telephone girl 2

-- Sexy telephone girl 3

The listings say the "last owner" was an "antique store in liquidation Madrid." So an antique store had some drawings that say "Ward" on them....and that is supposed to prove the drawings are authentic? The listings also say:

"Before bidding, read the "Legality" section below. If interested for COA, you can order it. Handling time wouldn´t be longer comparing to a regular time of delivery and the price for it would be 30 $ plus the price of winning bidder in auction. If you agree, please contact me before paying via paypal."

He is also selling a "signed" Marc Chagall painting , a "signed" Picasso drawing , and a couple of "signed" Picasso paintings .

Apparently when he says the artwork is "signed," what he really means is that it's "signed.....by someone."

123791.jpg.c650f2811572816c1735288bde18e4c5.jpg

who in their right mind would put anything truly by picasso on eBay? And if they did, there would be a ton of fanfare from eBay on it. the fact that this is just sitting out there should be enough to warn any competent person off of it.

who in their right mind would put anything truly by picasso on eBay? And if they did, there would be a ton of fanfare from eBay on it. the fact that this is just sitting out there should be enough to warn any competent person off of it.

I believe in the originality of the Picasso drawings as much as I believe in the genuiness of the number of hits reaching Jim D'Amico's CAF Galleries . . . :roflmao:

What the hell... I just looked at my original post and there are ADVERTISEMENTS in it for "Art Paintings"!

"Ads by Google"... Wow, a new reason to hate Google!

To be fair, Google didn't put it there....

Yes that is fair... Also, I just installed AdBlocker on my Firefox browser and now it's gone, so I don't hate Google now.

Also: Yesterday I emailed the seller of the Bill Ward and PICASSO art to ask what the COA would authenticate -- that the artwork is authentic, or what? I was polite and wrote him for several listings. No response. I doubt he will. I reported the listings to eBay but of course they're still there. I doubt anybody will be dumb enough to buy the stuff anyway, but it sucks that it just sits there on eBay making it look like a shabbier, scammier marketplace.