• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official "Prometheus" Thread

1,637 posts in this topic

tumblr_inline_nqeqn30sgc1twugmm_500.jpg

What? She looks like a 45 year old pie wagon

Are you sure that's her? (Newt)

Yes, it's her. She became a teacher I believe.

Wasn't Hicks dead in the beginning of the 3rd? So they're going to wipe that story from the books? They could also have gone with the escape pod being intercepted by the Wyland Corp. and the egg being remove from Hicks and then letting the escape pod continue (having Hicks killed when the egg was removed and letting others think it was when it crash landed on the prison planet). The escape pod with Ripley in hibernation was in space before crashing for a long time and could have plenty of time for a story (or multiples) to happen in between. Wonder if they're going to go with what I thought they should have done for the 3rd one where Bishop ended up following orders to bring back an alien specimen by getting one implanted into Hicks while Ripley was saving Newt and that's why he was not on the balcony/platform when Ripley came out at the end and Bishop appeared late in the ship giving an excuse about the structure. This way it would keep Bishop a good guy for the Aliens movie, but make him a villain in the sequel. Watch the movie again and you'll see if you haven't already that it would fit perfectly and that's what I thought it was going to lead to in the sequel. Since they were in hibernation, Newt could still be a bad kid in the sequel. Maybe to finally bring back an Alien to Earth (one of the aspects of the Alien series is that an Alien(s) never touch foot on Earth), which hasn't happened in the Alien series (not including the spin-offs).

Wasn't Hicks dead in the beginning of the 3rd? So they're going to wipe that story from the books?

Both Newt and Hicks were dead. I think they already said they'd pick it up as if Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection never happened.

In the Aliens Colonial Marines game, they show how Hicks survives and another guy gets in his tube midway. I heard that game was considered canon and then it got the bad reviews. This was before Blomkamp came into the picture with his sequel ideas. You can see the walkthroughs on youtube.

In the Aliens Colonial Marines game, they show how Hicks survives and another guy gets in his tube midway. I heard that game was considered canon and then it got the bad reviews. This was before Blomkamp came into the picture with his sequel ideas. You can see the walkthroughs on youtube.

Linky? I'd like to check it out. Or what to search for besides Aliens?

Even Michael Biehn did the voice work:

All cut scenes here...includes Bishop too:

I remember before this came out, FOX was hyping this storyline as canon to the Aliens universe. But the game got such a bad reaction as it came out.

Wasn't Hicks dead in the beginning of the 3rd? So they're going to wipe that story from the books?

Both Newt and Hicks were dead. I think they already said they'd pick it up as if Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection never happened.

Good as they both sucked.

So I rewatched Prometheus a while ago and I have to say, it wasn't as satisfying the 2nd time around. The 1st time I saw the movie I was mesmerized by the imagery, the cinematography, some of the ideas that the movie was trying to play through and the score.

But upon rewatching it, I had a few problems with it that I didn't really have the 1st time around.

The biggest one being the two scientists playing with the snake-like reptile when they had no idea what it was. :facepalm:

Nobody in their right minds would do that.

I felt the movie was a bit rushed as well in trying to make it's points and it could have been slowed down a bit.

Anyhow, I know I was a huge supporter of it but hindsight, as they say, is 20/20

Many of the actors from Aliens (includeing Carrie who played Newt) will be at the Los Angeles Comic Book and Sci-Fi Con on 12 January 2016.

"In Person for THE 30TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION OF JAMES CAMERON'S ALIENS are Stars MICHAEL BIEHN ("Corporal Hicks"), LANCE HENRIKSEN ("Bishop"), CARRIE HENN ("Newt"), JENETTE GOLDSTEIN ("Private Vasquez"), MARK ROLSTON ("Private Drake") and RICCO ROSS ("Private Frost") to sign autographs at the LOS ANGELES COMIC BOOK AND SCIENCE FICTION CONVENTION on SUNDAY, JANUARY 10, 2016. ALIENS is among the most popular Science Fiction Movies ever made and here's a chance to meet some of the talent from this Classic! Meet a Legendary Star from the Original Classic STAR WARS Film Series: In Person, BILLY DEE WILLIAMS, "Lando Calrissian" in STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK and STAR WARS: THE RETURN OF THE JEDI! Also appearing are Marvel and DC Comics Artists BILL SIENKIEWICZ (Elektra: Assassin, Moon Knight, New Mutants) and DAVID WILLIAMS (Wolverine: First Class), IDW Transformers Artist LIVIO RAMONDELLI and more! The Dealers Room has the Best Prices and Selection of Old and New Comic Books (Marvel, DC, Image Comics and more), Toys, Star Wars Collectibles, Graphic Novels, Trade Paperbacks, Action Figures, Funko, Hot Wheels, Trading Cards and many other Collectibles on over 100 exhibitor tables. The Convention takes place at THE REEF, 1933 South Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90007. Admission is only $12.00."

www.comicbookscifi.com.

But upon rewatching it, I had a few problems with it that I didn't really have the 1st time around.

The biggest one being the two scientists playing with the snake-like reptile when they had no idea what it was. :facepalm:

Nobody in their right minds would do that.

But it was a pretty cringe worthy scene when it broke the guys arm. Also, the final action scene when the big worm/octopus or whatever that thing was took on the Builder was scary stuff. I'm looking forward to the new movie.

Michael Fassbender talks Alien: Covenant

link- http://entertainment.inquirer.net/194809/michael-fassbender-on-assassins-creed-alien-apocalypse

------

He is in Sydney filming Ridley Scott’s “Alien: Covenant,” with a cast that includes Billy Crudup, Katherine Waterston, Danny McBride, Jussie Smollett and Demian Bichir.

“There are going to be great sets and aliens coming out of people,” Michael promised about Ridley’s “Covenant,” the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that started with “Prometheus.”

“It’s amazing to watch Ridley work. I try to soak up as much knowledge as I can from him, because having worked on this kind of films a few times and having seen how many moving parts there are, how many people work on the set and how many departments need attention and the language, he’s an absolute master.

“The sets are fantastic. Again, the most impressive sets I’ve seen since ‘Prometheus,’ which was the original setting. It’s a fantastic mixture of high-end technology and primitive elements. The way that I can explain it is the same way that Ridley did ‘Blade Runner.’

“You have this futuristic world where people are eating noodles, because that seems to be the cheaper food and something that will fill you up. But it’s also something that harks back to the past. The weaving of those two things—past and future—together makes for an interesting world that we can aspire to, but also recognize something in it.”