• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TMNT to get new origin in Michael Bay remake

59 posts in this topic

I'm not usually one of those people that gets uptight about origin shifts and continuity, but this is kind of drastic, no?

TMNT to get new origina in Michael Bay reboot

Aliens? C'mon...

“These turtles [in the reboot] are from an alien race, and they’re going to be tough, edgy, funny, and completely lovable.”

The true origin was such an infringement on Marvels rights that they would have put a stop to it if they ever dreamed it would amount to anything.

A truck carrying radio-active waste hurtles thru the streets and a blind man walks into its path, only to be pushed aside at the last moment by a young boy who is struck in the face by a cannister.....

Stick- Splinter

Hand- Foot.

How far do you think this project would get today ?

Marvel took Dave Sim to task for using the Moon-Roach and Wolver-Roach,. How they allowed this escapes me.

The true origin was such an infringement on Marvels rights that they would have put a stop to it if they ever dreamed it would amount to anything.

A truck carrying radio-active waste hurtles thru the streets and a blind man walks into its path, only to be pushed aside at the last moment by a young boy who is struck in the face by a cannister.....

Stick- Splinter

Hand- Foot.

How far do you think this project would get today ?

Marvel took Dave Sim to task for using the Moon-Roach and Wolver-Roach,. How they allowed this escapes me.

How is this an infringement.. I don't see it

Marvel Never sued over wolveroach they just sent a letter and it never went further

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2012/01/20/comic-book-legends-revealed-350/

He should just change it from turtles to hamsters.

Market research from pets stores show hamsters outsell turtles 8 to 1 thus translating box office dollars growth over a bajillion dollars.

1732_3.jpg

hm

I never said they sued him. I said they took him to task. Their lawyers sent a Cease and Desist letter and Sim stopped using the character so no lawsuit was needed.

DC Comics won lawsuits agianst both Captain Marvel and Wonder-Man for copyright infringement. Neither was anything near what Eastman and Laird did with the Turtles. Thats why even they toned down the origin story as the books got popular.

A few items that make me enjoy the article: I love that the article says he will "tweak" the origin. Also, the writer does a good job of explaining that the original origin is far fetched - so a race of alien ninja turtles living on earth and fighting evil on behalf of mankind makes much more sense.

Since I have only read four issues of the Turtles (the first four when they came out), I am outraged that I will now not be able to connect to their feature film. On the other hand, once you hit puberty, I am not sure you are in the demographic they seem to have been going after for the past two and a half decades.

Teenage Alien Ninja Aliens.

No. Just, no.

Eastman and Laird must be laughing their asses off, or are furious. Nickelodeon, would they really approve of this decision. There is already an established reboot comic, reboot cartoon coming. Why, after all of this is set in motion, millions of dollars securing the rights, would they be OK with this decision. Will there be a re-rebooted cartoon? A re-rebooted comic. This is alienating the already thousands of TMNT lover, and will likely confuse newcomers.

There were a lot of aliens in the original comics, I can see this working in theory. But why? It works better without changing it. Why does there need to be more Turtle-Aliens then the four. Are they going to get new names? "My names Leonardo, but my real name is Zarkorg." This is so cliche.

Perhaps they were shape ing aliens who were hypnotized into believing they were turtles and thus forgot their previous lives and missions.

If ripping off Stan once was okay, why not twice.

Opps- I meant paying homage to, not ripping off.

Perhaps they were shape ing aliens who were hypnotized into believing they were turtles and thus forgot their previous lives and missions.

If ripping off Stan once was okay, why not twice.

Opps- I meant paying homage to, not ripping off.

Excellent spooning!