• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TMNT to get new origin in Michael Bay remake

59 posts in this topic

I'm betting that April O Neil will now be played by the part of a 20 year old T&A girl who can't string three syllables together but will look good up on the screen for all those middle aged 80's fans. She'll probably work on the turtle fan with short shorts and lots of shots bending over and fixing irrelevant things! :luhv:

Soooo . . they aren't tough, edgy, and cute already. I smell a right wing take over here.

I'm not usually one of those people that gets uptight about origin shifts and continuity, but this is kind of drastic, no?

TMNT to get new origina in Michael Bay reboot

Aliens? C'mon...

“These turtles [in the reboot] are from an alien race, and they’re going to be tough, edgy, funny, and completely lovable.”

Soooo . . they aren't tough, edgy, and cute already. I smell a right wing take over here.

I'm not usually one of those people that gets uptight about origin shifts and continuity, but this is kind of drastic, no?

Aliens? C'mon...

“These turtles [in the reboot] are from an alien race, and they’re going to be tough, edgy, funny, and completely lovable.”

Where in the article do you smell a ''right wing'' take over? (shrug)

I'm betting that April O Neil will now be played by the part of a 20 year old T&A girl who can't string three syllables together but will look good up on the screen for all those middle aged 80's fans. She'll probably work on the turtle fan with short shorts and lots of shots bending over and fixing irrelevant things! :luhv:

Thank god there's some redeeming features. :P

I'd comment more, but there is a no politics rule.

Aliens? C'mon...

Where in the article do you smell a ''right wing'' take over? (shrug)

[font:Book Antiqua]

[font:Book Antiqua]From: Robbie Rist, who voiced Michelangelo in the first TMNT live-action flick:

"You probably don't know me but I did some voice work on the first set of movies that you are starting to talk about sodomizing.

I know believing in mutated talking turtles is kinda silly to begin with but am I supposed to be led to believe there are ninjas from another planet?

The rape of our childhood memories continues."

Bay has personally responded, telling fans they

"need to take a breath, and chill."

The Hollywood heavyweight continued, promising that fans will be pleased with the final product.

"Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story.

Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world."[/b][/font][/font]

doh!

Has there ever been a successful anthropomorphic franchises that were dramatic or directed as adults? Sure, there's Ice Age and Shrek - but those properties are specifically children/family driven. I'm not sure if TMNT ever had a chance of being true to it's form and being wildly successful. They need to modify it to audiences to generate big revenue.

Has there ever been a successful anthropomorphic franchises that were dramatic or directed as adults? Sure, there's Ice Age and Shrek - but those properties are specifically children/family driven. I'm not sure if TMNT ever had a chance of being true to it's form and being wildly successful. They need to modify it to audiences to generate big revenue.

Directing a movie at kids, and making it palatable enough for adults at least to sit through it, is a great recipe for box office bank.

Directing a movie at kids, and making it palatable enough for adults at least to sit through it, is a great recipe for box office bank.

Is this where the Bay film is going (like Transformers)?

Did anyone else read the article linked in the original post? Bay is producing, not directing. Small but important difference.

[font:Comic Sans MS]

Michael Bay Producing = Movie could be good. Definitely has a chance :wishluck:

Michael Bay Directing = Don't waste your time or your money-It's gonna SUCK![/font]

I remember in college getting hammered & going to see the first TMNT movie. I had a date with me. We were both hammered when we walked in the theater. I didn't see one second of that movie. Never revisited it. I've lived a full life even so.