• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TMNT to get new origin in Michael Bay remake

59 posts in this topic

What happened to the CGI TMNT movie that there was a trailer made for a few years ago? (shrug)

I'm not a TMNT fan really but even that looked promising.

This one?:

teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_ver7.jpg

If so, then what happened is they made it. There are vocal TMNT fans on both sides of the fence for the movie, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

If you're not talking about this one, I'd love to see a link.

The new TMNT show on Nickelodeon is going to be CGI. Also a possibility for what you saw.

Has there ever been a successful anthropomorphic franchises that were dramatic or directed as adults? Sure, there's Ice Age and Shrek - but those properties are specifically children/family driven. I'm not sure if TMNT ever had a chance of being true to it's form and being wildly successful. They need to modify it to audiences to generate big revenue.

This. I doubt they're trying to go for "The Dark Knight" with this. The movie will be aimed at kids, just like the first go-around of the movies back in the 80's/90's.

I doubt the target audience will care at all about the movie staying true to the origin. If they can make it partly entertaining for the adults who have to take their kids to it, consider that a bonus.

From a different messageboard....BWAHAAHAHWEHHeeEHee

So it'll be Teenage Alien Intelligiance Ninja Turtles...T.A.I.N.T. for short? How appropriate. I didn't say a word about the changes in Transformers, but THIS is ridiculous. How about they cast Shredder as an actual paper shredder, and SHRED the -script.

What happened to the CGI TMNT movie that there was a trailer made for a few years ago? (shrug)

I'm not a TMNT fan really but even that looked promising.

This one?:

teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_ver7.jpg

If so, then what happened is they made it. There are vocal TMNT fans on both sides of the fence for the movie, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

If you're not talking about this one, I'd love to see a link.

The new TMNT show on Nickelodeon is going to be CGI. Also a possibility for what you saw.

I never saw the movie nor did I know it was ever released so I wasn't sure.