• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crime Suspenstories 3 CGC 9.8 Gaines

23 posts in this topic

Crime Suspenstories 3 CGC 9.8 Gaines File Copy, Off-white to white pages. Johnny Craig cover, Old Witch stories begin.

One E.C. classic for sale - one of my favorite E.C. crime covers. Scarcer than other earlier issues in the run. Highest graded, comes with its File Copy certificate. This is my overcopy which is hard to let go, but needs must.

The scuff on the logo is on the slab and not the book. Not aware of the book being pressed as I bought it slabbed.

No probationers, HOSers, miscreants, etc.

Price: $2750 shipped.

CrimeSuspenstories3CGC98.jpg

CrimeSuspenstories3CGC98back.jpg

Beautiful book, is that number 1 on the certificate? My Gaines copies are usually around 7.

Remember too, that those books were numbered at just one point in time. Some of the higher Gaines/Overstreet/Weist numbered books had printers creases, which CGC really hammers. Also, as the books have been sold/traded, stored, re-bagged etc there may have been changes in condition from that point in time...

Beautiful book, is that number 1 on the certificate? My Gaines copies are usually around 7.

Remember too, that those books were numbered at just one point in time. Some of the higher Gaines/Overstreet/Weist numbered books had printers creases, which CGC really hammers. Also, as the books have been sold/traded, stored, re-bagged etc there may have been changes in condition from that point in time...

Plus the rankings were done fairly quickly by Overstreet, often with only a cursory look at the BC.

Super nice book BTW, haven't been a lot of nice ECs around here lately...

Plus the rankings were done fairly quickly by Overstreet, often with only a cursory look at the BC.

Super nice book BTW, haven't been a lot of nice ECs around here lately...

That's true...thanks for the positive comments.

Crime Suspenstories 3 CGC 9.8 Gaines File Copy, Off-white to white pages. Johnny Craig cover, Old Witch stories begin.

One E.C. classic for sale - one of my favorite E.C. crime covers. Scarcer than other earlier issues in the run. Highest graded, comes with its File Copy certificate. This is my overcopy which is hard to let go, but needs must.

The scuff on the logo is on the slab and not the book. Not aware of the book being pressed as I bought it slabbed.

No probationers, HOSers, miscreants, etc.

Price: $2750 shipped.

CrimeSuspenstories3CGC98.jpg

CrimeSuspenstories3CGC98back.jpg

Doesn't look any better than a 9.7......

:jokealert: