• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead OA price bubble

57 posts in this topic

I can't believe its going for the price that it is....coffee stain and all!

WOW! I don't know this market very well but that seems like a pretty sweet page to me...I mean, the full splash of Rick waking up?! How much do issue 1 pages usually go for?

From a preservation perspective, how bad is that coffee stain? Will it eventually bleed thru the front or is that as bad as it gets? Nice page but sort of dirty looking (not including stain).

I think the stain is harmless, and lets face it: there's only one of these pages. 4k, for the first splash of the series? I think that someone will seriously pay this.

A page from issue 27 with the second governor just sold for a little over 2k on ebay.

I think these prices will keep going up, then stabilize. Pages that could have been had 6 months ago for 250 are now selling for 500.

I can't believe its going for the price that it is....coffee stain and all!

Yeah...I'm gonna wait for the version of this page without a coffee stain.

:gossip: As long as that coffee is not bleeding through to the front, it's a non factor.

Seeing as if Tony still had this in his hands he would be throwing a 10k price or so. I inquired about the page from issue 2 with the zombie eating the dear and Kara quoted me 12k. I thought she accidentally added an extra zero.

Seeing as if Tony still had this in his hands he would be throwing a 10k price or so. I inquired about the page from issue 2 with the zombie eating the dear and Kara quoted me 12k. I thought she accidentally added an extra zero.

As with most finite or unique items sellers don't want a price that everyone will pay, they want a price that ONE person will pay.

I'm no WALKING DEAD zombie, but I think that is a pretty decent/fair price for that page.

What is it, 4X the rice of a cgc9.8 issue? For the opening splash that started it all. If it was a similar splash from a different series I'd be out collecting aluminum cans.

I think with the reserve being known bidding will cease until the final minute of the auction. Then all hell will break loose :slapfight:

I'm no WALKING DEAD zombie, but I think that is a pretty decent/fair price for that page.

What is it, 4X the rice of a cgc9.8 issue?

And still about half of a 9.9. It's not my favorite page, but I find it a whole lot more interesting than a 9.9.

For the opening splash that started it all. If it was a similar splash from a different series I'd be out collecting aluminum cans.

You had your chance. :baiting:

What is it, 4X the rice of a cgc9.8 issue? For the opening splash that started it all. If it was a similar splash from a different series I'd be out collecting aluminum cans.

I think with the reserve being known bidding will cease until the final minute of the auction. Then all hell will break loose :slapfight:

9.8's are up to $1400 or so...so it's not even 3x the cost at the seller's reserve.

Umm..I mean, it's junk...everyone move along. :angel:

For the opening splash that started it all. If it was a similar splash from a different series I'd be out collecting aluminum cans.

You had your chance. :baiting:

(shrug)

I remember not winning the auction for the title splash of #1 when it was on eBay. I was in Iraq and had crummy internet service :tonofbricks:

As with most finite or unique items sellers don't want a price that everyone will pay, they want a price that ONE person will pay.

JJ quote

JJ quote

Well, to be fair, I think yours applies to anything you are selling and not just unique items. lol

Same general motivation just ramped up.