• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Target Comics #7

23 posts in this topic

Target Comics #7 is a great book - I used to own the Larson, but moved it to a good friend some years ago.

Here's my current (mid-grade) copy:

Target7.jpg

I have the Target run 1 through 10, and the hardest issue for me to find was Target 9.

Target 8 and Target 10 are more difficult to locate IMHO than Target 7, which the Guide lists as "Scarce".

took it from my basement.....

Great book Jon...but where is the original art or recreation? :baiting:

This is the best I can do.......page 2 from Circus #1.....(by the way Wolverton was meticulous. Not a drop of white out.....) jb

OMG, Jon. (worship)

I briefly held a Wolverton page from Circus #4 (unpublished) that Beerbohm had several years ago, and it was a memorable thrill.

took it from my basement.....

Great book Jon...but where is the original art or recreation? :baiting:

This is the best I can do.......page 2 from Circus #1.....(by the way Wolverton was meticulous. Not a drop of white out.....) jb

:o

WOW!

Thanks for the reply everyone. I have never seen a copy and Gerber says that there are 10-20 copies that exist. From the replies here, I think there my be more than that. There still is a remote chance that a copy still could come my way.

jbcomicbox that is some page! BRAVO, Sir!

Yes, I am quite sure that there are more than 10-20 copies in existence.

The problem is that they are all sitting in private collections as this book rarely shows up in the marketplace. If you look at the Heritage archives, the only unrestored copies they have sold were way back in 2002 and 2003.

Has anyone ever seen a copy?
many times (thumbs u

took this from heritage archives

target7mh.jpg

Edgar Church copy!!! :cloud9:

Has demand for this once HTF book cooled off a bit over the years? This Church copy sold for $57.5K back in 2003 when top of guide was only at $6,400. It looks like all copies in all grades sold for multiples to condiction guide back at that time. Even restored copies were able to fetch a premium to guide.

Appears to be no longer the cas as with the Metropolis copies, it looks like this book can now be picked up for a slight discount to guide. It looks like guide has finally caught up to this book. Or more correctly, it looks like the market value has actually dropped on this book over the past decade while the guide has continue to move up. hm

Has anyone ever seen a copy?
many times (thumbs u

took this from heritage archives

target7mh.jpg

Edgar Church copy!!! :cloud9:

Has demand for this once HTF book cooled off a bit over the years? This Church copy sold for $57.5K back in 2003 when top of guide was only at $6,400. It looks like all copies in all grades sold for multiples to condiction guide back at that time. Even restored copies were able to fetch a premium to guide.

Appears to be no longer the cas as with the Metropolis copies, it looks like this book can now be picked up for a slight discount to guide. It looks like guide has finally caught up to this book. Or more correctly, it looks like the market value has actually dropped on this book over the past decade while the guide has continue to move up. hm

maybe, just maybe, because they are mostly in plastic cages, that folks do not see the wonderful Wovlerton within. There was a time (so I am told) that stories and panel art were once part of a comicbook....jb