• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WonderCon and beyond

3 posts in this topic

It's been a BUSY week!

There is a lot to tell in one journal to describe the events of this past week so I'll have to condense it for you as best I can...

Wednesday

At 3:00am the family and I drove from AZ and arrived in Anaheim, CA at 9:00am. We parked at the hotel, took a shuttle to iHOP and grabbed breakfast. After breakfast we walked across the street, spent all day and night at Disneyland, then headed back to the hotel. Feet and legs were already feeling it, but we covered a lot of ground and it was a blast.

Thursday

Woke up at 8:00am, grabbed free breakfast at the hotel and took the shuttle back to Disneyland. Spent all day and night there, but we saw everything we wanted to see and rode everything we wanted to ride more than once. By the end if the day my legs felt like they were literally going to buckle and I was gonna do a faceplant at any second...seriously.

Friday

Forgot to pick up our badges for WonderCon yesterday because we were too busy having a great time at Disneyland. WonderCon doesn't open til 12:00pm so we slept in a bit and walked down the street to the convention center at 10:00am...then waited in line an hour and a half for our badges. I am happy to report though that it was SO worth it! WonderCon absolutely rocked and my legs held up the whole day! I'm not kidding, I had as much fun as when I go to the SDCC, and I picked up a few nice looking books that I submitted to CGC while I was there. I do wish there were more panels and previews because the wife really enjoys those, but still when factoring in the Disneyland experience, none of us were missing the SDCC. I'm thinking if it goes back to Northern CA next year we'll make the trip and see the sights in San Francisco, although I'd really rather it stay in Anaheim.

Saturday

The kids spent the night at a friend's house Friday night so the wife and I decided to hit Disneyland again just her and me on Saturday morning. It was really cloudy and a little windy...should I grab the umbrella from the trunk before we catch the shuttle? Nah! We'll be fine! When we got there, there were NO lines so we got to spend the first hour or so riding our favorite attractions again and again...then the rain came. Buckets and buckets of rain. The last time I was that cold and wet I was playing in the snow up in Flagstaff. So, so cold! We made it back to the car, grabbed the umbrella then walked to the Con where our kids met up with us. We spent another couple hours there dripping wet and freezing, walked back to the car, grabbed some lunch then drove home to AZ with the heater cranked!

Sunday

Slept in...man it feels good to be back in my own bed...for one night at least. Hopped on a plane to San Antonio, TX in the afternoon for a 3 day training class I had to take for work.

Monday-Tuesday

Training in San Antonio. Good food by the way, especially the barbeque. Ate at a place called The County Line. No joke, I could have drank the BBQ sauce straight up it was so good. I would have taken a few bottles home, but I only took a carryon and you can't take more than 3 oz on the plane. Also visited the Alamo today which was pretty cool. Didn't know David Crockett (the tour guides insist he did not go by Davey) fought there.

Wednesday

Training wraps up early and my flight home doesn't leave til the evening so I've got some time to kill. What should I do? Hey, I wonder if there are any comic shops here? Sure enough, a quick search on the Internet and I found Heroes and Fantasties, see pic below, so that's where I'm headed. Who knows, might find another book or two!

Looking forward to being home after this crazy trip and really wishing I didn't have to go to work on Thursday. Oh well, what's a couple more days right? All I know is this weekend it's all about the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's.

Til next time...

10923.jpg

See more journals by surfer99