• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone owned or seen Screen Thrills #10

9 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure that I saw a copy once on E-bay when the whole run was offered at one shot. having what I thought was the complete collection up til then I only needed the 10 and wasn't prepared to pay for 9 other issues already in my possession.

BUT, I've never seen another copy and am wondering if I was just confused???

Is this the one?

STI10.jpg

That sure is. I never knew it existed for these past 48 years. :o

Any idea why it has such a low profile?? (low print run?)

This is an area where I would enjoy hearing from someone with a business related perspective of either publishing or distribution of magazines and comics from the late 60's to mid 70's. It seems to me that when a decision was made to cancel a title that there was minimal effort to get that last issue to the marketplace. Contracts were met to satisfy advertisers or printers, but beyond that the magazine was given no other consideration.

Looking at the cover, it looks like it would have sold pretty well at the stands.

i always got a kick out of it, but much of it dealt with the old Serials which had long past. i was born in 1947 and was an avid movie goer for most of my young life and had NEVER seen a Serial in a Movie Theater.

BTW; I bought Metro's mid grade copy ( Kudos to fellow boardie freeform who alerted me to it's existance) just to have a complete set. ( they are a might slow - it took 8 days from the message confirming the sale to the one informing me of the cost of postage.)

But, then I guess they are huge and constantly pumping stuff out...