• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st appearance Judge Dredd in unprecedented NM (2000AD Prog #2)

40 posts in this topic

Congrats, HB... you got a worthy price for a seldom seen book!

At $992.17, someone was definitely a Judge Dredd fanatic. :applause:

:o That's Carr-Razy!! :ohnoez:

You didn't win it, Chris?

I didn't say that. :devil:

I didn't say that. :devil:

:roflmao::applause:

Absolutely amazing price and gorgeous issue

Loved the close up photo's of the staples :cloud9:

I sold this VF+ copy for just £263 late last year

2000AD2003.jpg

That's a perfect example of what one can usually hope for when shopping for a high grade prog 2. I'd guesstimate that 1 or 2 of that calibre pass through ebay in a year (I've been watching every prog 2 on ebay for years now). £263 is about right for one like that, though you might sometimes get one as cheap as £200.

With the new Dredd movie and his being at least as popular as he ever was, I think it's time for an upward price correction.

Absolutely amazing price and gorgeous issue

Loved the close up photo's of the staples :cloud9:

I sold this VF+ copy for just £263 late last year

2000AD2003.jpg

That's a perfect example of what one can usually hope for when shopping for a high grade prog 2. I'd guesstimate that 1 or 2 of that calibre pass through ebay in a year (I've been watching every prog 2 on ebay for years now). £263 is about right for one like that, though you might sometimes get one as cheap as £200.

With the new Dredd movie and his being at least as popular as he ever was, I think it's time for an upward price correction.

I've never seen a copy as nice as yours, and believe me I have been looking. I've been a fan of the character since I was young, but being in the states I had to live with reprints, trades, and collections and poorly translated (in terms of quality of the reproduction) and colored American versions.

If I showed you some of my Dredd related original art you'd see what I meant by long time fan. lol

If I showed you some of my Dredd related original art you'd see what I meant by long time fan. lol

Oh man, I'd love a good Dredd page on my wall. Something recognisable from my youth (the era up to prog 500).

Oh man, I'd love a good Dredd page on my wall. Something recognisable from my youth (the era up to prog 500).

Do you recognize this?

JudgeDeathPinup_09-13-2010_20-59-49.jpg

Do you recognize this?

Bolland's Death, probably responsible for inspiring at least a few young people to take up comic art as a career! (worship)

I remember my big brother trying to emulate Bolland's style with a Rotring.

Do you recognize this?

Bolland's Death, probably responsible for inspiring at least a few young people to take up comic art as a career! (worship)

I remember my big brother trying to emulate Bolland's style with a Rotring.

That one was turned into a door poster, which I have been unable to find...just missed getting one a couple of times.

Brian also did this piece as a thank you to me some years back.

JudgeDeathFinal_02-16-2009_20-35-50.jpg

Wow, that's really cool! What did you do for him?? Tell him I'm available for odd jobs :grin:

lol

For the last 7-8 years I have been managing his North American convention appearances, table wrangling, sketch list coordinating, setting signing times and keeping him on track and unencumbered by the crush of folks wanting things from him when he attends shows on this side of the Atlantic.

Amazing. I pored over all his Dredd work a hundred times growing up. The Cursed Earth, Judge Cal, Block Mania, the Judge Child Quest... read them countless times.

In fact, having talked about it, I think I'll have to pick up one of my old Titan books this evening...

It's interesting that there are clearly genuine VF+ copies out there occassionally (like mine) and in US terms, some genuine white page 9.4 and up copies (like HB's)

Of course most ebay "NMs" are VG/FN, if that..

I have some 3 others I think would grade 9.4+ if they could be graded, Prog 34, 60, 61 & 123. Also, I can't see why some sized 2000ADs could be graded, the run from about 110 to 127 were a smaller size and printed on much nicer paper

I'd love to own graded 2000ADs

anyway, here's some more of mine....

Prog 3 VF+

2000AD3.jpg

Prog 4 NM

2000AD4.jpg

Starlord 1 NM

SL1.jpg

Prog 178 FN- not high grade but badge still in tact

2000AD178.jpg

And for Bolland fans, have you see this before?

Suddenly.jpg

Do you recognize this?

Wowsers!