• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Bad Do I Want An FF #60 Newsstand Variant?

63 posts in this topic

Sure, but I really wasn't commenting on why you were offering this trade. I was trying to illustrate the difficulty in finding the book and offering a glimpse of why I want the book. Hence the first (unquoted above) line of my post: "I'll answer why I want it- because it's fricken impossible to find."

Understand....your mention of a box of X-Men threw me for a second. smirk.gif

Also, I wanted to use the opportunity to further explain my rational for offering the trade and why..... thumbsup2.gif

Jim

You got one? sumo.gif

Jim

NO...you want me to look for one? You have to offer something a little better though! crazy.gif

Ok, i have a couple of people now on the lookout for the variant.

Will let you know of any developments.

But if i get one and there are 3 of you that want it who should i give it to? confused.gif

This bad.....

I call it a solid 8.0 (possibly an 8.5 on a CGC "good" day) with White Pages.....

x-mengs1.jpg

I will trade anyone this issue for a genuine Fantastic Four Vol #3 #60 $2.25 Newsstand edition.

I'm serious..... thumbsup2.gif

More info can be found on my website.....

Jim

As God is my witness......I shall leave no stone unturned. Now, where's my military base directory? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ok, it is not looking good on the England front because a dealer i sent an email to about it had this to say,

'They didn't do a $2.25 one. They were all 9c and contains the entire story.

It was the first Mark Waid issue and it was cheap so they could start people

off.'

confused.gif

Ok, it is not looking good on the England front because a dealer i sent an email to about it had this to say,

off.'

Well he's full of it. I'll say it again. I've seen the Newsstand version. A whole rack of them (over 20 copies I'd say). I didn't buy one at the time because I was TDY at a school at Ramstein AB. I thought I would buy one from my local Bookmart when I returned. My Bookmart apparently never got copies which isn't surprising as they miss issues all the time. Big mistake on my part which I'm currently trying to rectify.

They exist alright....

Jim

off.'

Well he's full of it. I'll say it again. I've seen the Newsstand version. A whole rack of them (over 20 copies I'd say). I didn't buy one at the time because I was TDY at a school at Ramstein AB. I thought I would buy one from my local Bookmart when I returned. My Bookmart apparently never got copies which isn't surprising as they miss issues all the time. Big mistake on my part which I'm currently trying to rectify.

They exist alright....

Jim

Have you written to Marvel to find out?

off.'

They exist alright....

Jim

I don't need to. I physically saw copies. A Marvel employee also confirmed their existence.

Jim

off.'

They exist alright....

Jim

I don't need to. I physically saw copies. A Marvel employee also confirmed their existence.

Jim

Can you tell me anything about it at all?

How it differs? Where it was distributed?

The 9 cent notation is missing which make them relatively easily to spot. The Direct Market notation in the UPC is gone. And the price in the UPC says $2.25.

They definitely made it to military Bookmarts overseas. As far as elsewhere, I really can't say....

Jim

off.'

They exist alright....

Jim

FFB did about a month ago. As I stated earlier in this thread, the existence of this book has been verified three different ways. It's in the OPG, several board members saw them on the shelves and FFB wrote to a Marvel editor last month and confirmed the books' existence.

The 9 cent notation is missing which make them relatively easily to spot. The Direct Market notation in the UPC is gone. And the price in the UPC says $2.25.

They definitely made it to military Bookmarts overseas. As far as elsewhere, I really can't say....

Any place that gets newsstand copies. I pick newsstand books up at Borders, for example.