• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not really sure if this is the right place to do this

5 posts in this topic

American Cancer Society's Relay For Life

I am honestly not sure if something like this is allowed on the journals, but being a non-profit organization I figured it wouldn't hurt anyone to ask.

Last September my grandfather, Colonel Theodore Dale, of 93 passed away, succumbing to a 30 year battle with prostate cancer. He was and continues to be a huge inspiration in my life of what a fighter is. A veteran of WWII, Korea, and Vietnam he had more then 4500 flight hours in 33 unique airplanes and had an illustrious 30+ year military career.

This June I will be walking in the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life in my grandfather's honor and am asking for any donations that anyone can spare. Even $5 can make a difference. I am including a link to my donation page on the American Cancer Society's website below. Thank you for anything you can do, even if it is just spreading the word and once again I apologize if this is not the right place to do this.

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/mikelutes13

See more journals by mikelutes

Normally, I'm one of the first to raise the "This journal has nothing to do with comics! :sumo: " ranting flag, but I'll toss that attitude out the window in this case.

Your Grandfather must have been a "tough as nails" kind of guy to kick the out of cancer for that long. I applaud his 30+ years of military service and wish I could have thanked him personally. Good luck on reaching your goal and I hope that my modest contribution is not the last to come from fellow boardies.

I apologize if this is not the right place to do this.

Also, there is no need to apologize for posting this... ever.

It's not like you are forcing people to support a great cause in honor of a true hero who not only fought Nazi's, but went on to duke it out with cancer for over 30 years. Besides, who would need to be forced anyway? (shrug)