• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Solicitations - what fothcoming titles are you excited about?

38 posts in this topic

I'm anxiously awaiting some of the following releases and probably going to try the first couple issues of others, in no specific order:

Aspen:

Idolized

Dark Horse:

Alabaster Wolves

The Massive

Image:

America's Got Powers

Creator Owned Heroes

Dancer

Danger Club

Epic Kill

Happy

Mind the Gap

Planetoid

Secret

Marvel:

The Secret Service

Valiant

Archer & Armstrong (w/ the Eternal Warrior?)

Harbinger

Blood Shot

Shadow Man

I tried doing a thread like this before, but used the word speculation (which is apparently almost as foul as a racial slur in the minds of some board members) and the thread was compromised by posts about the evils of speculation. Please don't ruin this thread with those kinds of posts. I would really like to hear what other collectors are excited about and why. I'll try to talk about what has me interested in the titles I'm really excited about in later posts (e.g., artists, writers, etc.). Thank you for your contributions! I appreicate them.

I don't keep up with much but I am going to pick up the new Peter Bagge mini coming out. And the Stan Sakai project this year definitely has me interested. Anything under the Vertigo Crime imprint as well. And I think Elfquests Final Quest is going to come out this year too.

What's Higher Earth?

I forgot ot mention how excited I am for a comic called overrun. If the comic is done half as well as the video advertisement, I think it will be a great ride.

This is the link for the overrun video:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/03/30/overrun-the-comic-book-must-have-of-eight-months-time/

I'm anxiously awaiting some of the following releases and probably going to try the first couple issues of others, in no specific order:

Aspen:

Idolized

Dark Horse:

Alabaster Wolves

The Massive

Image:

America's Got Powers

Creator Owned Heroes

Dancer

Danger Club

Epic Kill

Happy

Mind the Gap

Planetoid

Secret

Marvel:

The Secret Service

Valiant

Harbinger

Blood Shot

Shadow Man

I tried doing a thread like this before, but used the word speculation (which is apparently almost as foul as a racial slur in the minds of some board members) and the thread was compromised by posts about the evils of speculation. Please don't ruin this thread with those kinds of posts. I would really like to hear what other collectors are excited about and why. I'll try to talk about what has me interested in the titles I'm really excited about in later posts (e.g., artists, writers, etc.). Thank you for your contributions! I appreicate them.

I heard the Valiant stuff has been vastly underordered. Put it this way. The Valiant print runs will be in the 5000 to 10000 range. It could be a factor when old time Valiant fans find out about the rebirth. :cloud9:

Frankenstein, alive, alive by Bernie Wrightson

Tim Seeley and Mike Norton’s new comic from Image (this July)

can't wait for this two!

It's just been announced that the new series is called Revival BTW.

New next week:

Danger Club #1

Faced with the deadliest peril the universe had ever known, the world's greatest heroes left the Earth to battle a nightmarish evil... and they never came back. Now only their teenage sidekicks remain. Will the Danger Club unite against this unknown cosmic menace, or will their struggle for dominance destroy them? The critically acclaimed creative team of LANDRY Q. WALKER and ERIC JONES (Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures In the 8th Grade, Batman: Brave and the Bold) reunite to tell the apocalyptic tale of these titanic teens.

I don't know if this is going to be a smash hit, but I'm excited about it. It's definitely the biggest number one out next week.

Also next week we get Chew 25, Hell Yeah 2 an Fatale 4. Looks like a big week for image.

April 11th is a huge week with America's Got Powers and Secret debuting. Also on April 11 Image will release Luther Strode in TPB, Saga 2, Peter Panzerfaust 3 and Thief of Thieves 3.

I am going to pick up the new Peter Bagge mini coming out

mini-comic?

Are you talking about the Reset mini-series or something else?

I'm very very much looking forward to Reset. That and The Massive are the two most exciting things for me.

I'm looking forwards to all of the Valiant titles you've listed but in particular X-O Manowar (which you haven't!).

I am actually looking forward to seeing the Before Watchmen books when they arrive, as well as Earth Two, World's Finest and Batman Incorporated Vol.2.

Aspen:

Idolized

Dark Horse:

Alabaster Wolves

The Massive

Image:

America's Got Powers

Creator Owned Heroes

Dancer

Danger Club

Epic Kill

Happy

Mind the Gap

Planetoid

Secret

Marvel:

The Secret Service

Valiant

Harbinger

Blood Shot

Shadow Man

I heard the Valiant stuff has been vastly underordered. Put it this way. The Valiant print runs will be in the 5000 to 10000 range. It could be a factor when old time Valiant fans find out about the rebirth. :cloud9:

I assume you are being facetious? The print run on X-O 1 is a lot more than 10K. Heck, Paradise in Canada ordered 1000 copies.

Next week is going to be a big week for new titles: Alabaster Wolves 1, America's Got Powers 1 and Secret 1 are all released. I'm also excited about Peter Panzerfaust 3, Saga 2, and Thief of Thieves 3. I would also encourage anyone who hasn't read Luther Strode to pick up the TPB from their LCS or on Amazon for a mere $7.00.

Aspen:

Idolized

Dark Horse:

Alabaster Wolves

The Massive

Image:

America's Got Powers

Creator Owned Heroes

Dancer

Danger Club

Epic Kill

Happy

Mind the Gap

Planetoid

Secret

Marvel:

The Secret Service

Valiant

Harbinger

Blood Shot

Shadow Man

I assume you are being facetious? The print run on X-O 1 is a lot more than 10K. Heck, Paradise in Canada ordered 1000 copies.

I heard these have been under ordered. Consider that the original Rai 3 or original Harbinger 1 will have higher print runs than the new Valiants. I also would expect big money on the variants once the word gets out.

I heard these have been under ordered. Consider that the original Rai 3 or original Harbinger 1 will have higher print runs than the new Valiants. I also would expect big money on the variants once the word gets out.

I sure hope you are right, but my sense is that there are going to bo 50K+ XO 1s printed. Even if it is half that, there will be so many copies concentrated in a few hands that I do not have high hopes for them being hard to find.

3 years from now, who knows, though.