• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto Comicon 2004 Program Covers: Preview

9 posts in this topic

Where are the real Teen Titans? Did I miss a few issues? Kid Flash? Who's the archer guy? Is that Terra? Did Raven become part of the team? Why are they all smiling?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Where are the real Teen Titans? Did I miss a few issues? Kid Flash? Who's the archer guy? Is that Terra? Did Raven become part of the team? Why are they all smiling?

1) No idea

2) Probably

3) Huh?

4) Speedy

5) Yes

6) Yes

7) Cuz they're happy?

1) No idea

2) Probably

3) Huh?

4) Speedy

5) Yes

6) Yes

7) Cuz they're happy?

sign-rantpost.gif I just asked my 8 year old. He though it was pretty cool and was able to identify all of the characters. I guess somebody at DC is doing a relatively good job of marketing to a younger audience.

Where are the real Teen Titans?

Those are the Teen Titans from the hit cartoon show on the Cartoon Network, and they appear in comics form in DC's Teen Titans Go! comic.

Did I miss a few issues?

Nope. The regular Teen Titans group is a little more recognizable to comics fans. The cartoon team is really a revamping of the Wolfman/Perez team with some design changes.

Kid Flash?

No Kid Flash in this team.

Who's the archer guy?

Speedy.

Is that Terra?

Yes.

Did Raven become part of the team?

Yes. Raven, Starfire, Robin, Cyborg, Changeling/Beast Boy plus Terra, and Speedy make up the team on the cover. Terra joins in Season Two, not sure about Speedy.

Why are they all smiling?

Well, when we originally discussed doing the cover we thought it would be cool to riff on the cover to New Teen Titans 4 - where the Titans meet the JLA, but use the animated versions of the characters. Tim thought about it and decided to do a more traditional take on the X-Men 100 formula of two teams meeting on either side of the cover. He couldn't think of a logical reason to have the Titans mad at the JLA (or vice versa) so he drew them smiling, like they are having a practice or a training session. Needless to say we were very impressed with the end results!

Kev